DWTS + Disney = Happiness

If you follow me on Twitter, especially on Monday nights, then it should be of no surprise that I’m a huge fan of Dancing with the Stars.  I first shared my love for the show back in the fall after Alfonso Ribeiro and Witney Carson did the Carlton Dance on DWTS.  Every week when I watch the show, I’m reminded of the many years that I danced and how happy dance makes me.

Celebrating one of my many successful dance performances

Celebrating one of my many successful dance performances

Last night was “Disney Night” on DWTS.  From the moment that the show started, I had a smile on my face.  Some of the highlights of the night included:

• Mark Ballas was in complete character for his Alice in Wonderland themed foxtrot with Willow Shields, and their dance was so fun to watch.
  • The most magical dance of the night was Noah Galloway and Sharna Burgess’ foxtrot to “A Whole New World” from Aladdin.
  • My favorite dance of the night was Riker Lynch and Allison Holker’s Pirates of the Caribbean dance.  Their dance might have been the best paso doble that I’ve ever seen on DWTS.
  • The night was made complete by the presence of the Mickey Mouse “10” paddle, which the judges used after three of the dances last night.

QOTD: What was your favorite moment from last night’s episode of DWTS?  What brings a smile to your face?

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

61 Responses to DWTS + Disney = Happiness

What a cute theme! I’ll have to watch some of the clips tonight.

2. I definitely loved Disney night last night! Riker’s paso was my favorite, and I thought Rumer dancing as Ursula was so interesting!!

3. LOVED the Disney night! I loved it all! SO hard to pick a favorite!

4. NutriFitMama says:

I love this theme- I don’t actually watch the show but I have a LOT of friends who do. I think my kids would have liked this one also!

I had quit watching the show a few years ago, but happen to catch the last 4 dances last night with the Disney theme. Absolutely loved it. Do they have a Disney night every season?

6. I was really into DWTS for a few years but then got kind of bored and didn’t really like the cast anymore. I saw a little last night.-cute

I don’t watch DWTS but I love that they do Disney night. Why not, it is ABC.

8. I used to love me some DWTS but I haven’t been following the past few seasons. The show actually films right down the street from me, and I have gone to a whole bunch of tapings – Seriously the best show to see live and I loveeeee Derek Hough!

9. Awesome! I’ve only seen it a few times, but I had no idea there’s “Disney Night!” Love that!

10. Elle says:

What a fun theme. I have only watched DWTS a couple of times myself but glad that you are enjoying it so much!

11. gtaylor07 says:

I don’t watch the show regularly, but always watch Disney night. That paso doble was incredible!

12. I’ve never been one for competition shows, but totally would have for a Disney Night! I was also a former ballerina, and though it’s been almost a decade since my last Nutcracker performance, I’ll always remember the magic of being a child on that big stage. Tchaikovsky’s score and Balanchine’s choreography are unforgettable for a young person!

13. I’ve never seen Dancing with the Stars, but this looks like such a fun episode! What a great theme!

14. I’ve always picked So You Think You Can Dance over DWTS, but I might have to watch some of the clips later today.

15. I never watched the show but happy you have something fun that makes you happy!

16. what a cute theme! I am going to watch it today at work while I’m cleaning data and preparing reports-it will keep me from falling asleep haha

17. When I heard it was Disney night I actually wanted to watch it, but I ended up working last night. Looks awesome, so much fun!

18. mkadens1 says:

I agree with you I really enjoyed DWTS last night! That pirate paso was the bomb! The makeup and costumes for everyone were just excellent.

19. I don’t watch DWTS but this looks like it was such a fun episode!

20. Riker’s paso was unbelievable! I also enjoyed Mark and Willow’s as well as Nastia and Derek’s performance.

21. I have never watched dancing with the stars. but I did hear about the Disney theme one last night. I bet that would have been nice to see even if you are not a fan. Unfortunately I was already in bed bc of a very early work time today.

22. I was out at a local restaurant and Tory Smith (I think) from the Baltimore Ravens came in and said he was exhausted from practicing for DWTS. I was like who is this guy that everyone seems to know – he must be in here often. Come to find out he only had a Superbowl RING! With that said – I do not watch DWTS but hear a lot about it. LOL

23. we have the same taste in tv. i loved last night’s show – agree that the paso was SO good. i also loved rumor’s dance – so awesome!

24. GiselleR says:

I’m obsessed with Rumer Willis. I don’t even watch DWTS, but I saw a clip of her dancing last week and now I’m hooked. Didn’t love their dance this week though.

25. jillconyers says:

I’ve never watched DWTS but after watching the vids maybe I need to start.

26. I don’t watch DWTS… but I do enjoy catching the highlight reel from scenes/dances people share on fb. 🙂

Yes, yes, and yes! I loved everything about this episode, and Riker’s Pirate’s dance was my favorite! I loved how he got so much into his character! The Mickey 10 paddles were awesome, too!! 🙂

28. Farrah says:

I don’t watch TV, but I love Disney, and it’s awesome that they had that as a theme! :]! Thank you for sharing! ❤

29. I LOVED Rumer’s Ursala dance. The whole night was great. Is it just me or are the costumes this year CRAZY? Love it!

30. I have to admit I have never watched DWTS before. I did always want to be a ballet dancer though. I bet you were a wonderful dancer!