Friday Five – April 10th – Five Bucket List Racecations

One of the many things that I love about running is that since there are races all over the world, they offer the perfect excuse to travel and explore new cities.  My travel bucket list is pretty lengthy, as is my bucket list of races, but the following five races and cities are high at the top of both lists.

Rock ‘n’ Roll Las Vegas Half Marathon

Flying Pig Half Marathon
Cincinnati, Ohio

flyingPigLogoLarge

Key West Half Marathon
Key West, Florida

keywest

This list wouldn’t be complete without mentioning the love that Preston and I have for Disney races.  They allow us to combine three of our favorite things into one trip: race(s), time at Disney World, and a vacation.  It doesn’t get much better than that!

QOTD: What is your dream racecation?

DC_linkup

This entry was posted in Races and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

68 Responses to Friday Five – April 10th – Five Bucket List Racecations

Love that Wineglass is on your bucket list 🙂 I would like to complete 50 states with a visit to Hawaii. Not sure which race yet..but I am sure you will get to Kauai before I finish the 50 🙂

two girls in my running group ran Wineglass last year and loved it. I also want to run the Flying Pig because I have this thing for pigs! I had no idea Kauai had a half marathon, but after a week 10 days there several years ago, I would return in a heartbeat!

3. Oh Key West…..someday….(sighs wistfully)…:)

4. I’d LOVE to run RnR Vegas, a race in Disneyland so I can get my Coast to Coast medal, ANY Disney race, and I’d LOVE to run in Ireland and Hawaii! Big dreams I have lol!

5. Farrah says:

If I ran, Hawai’i, Oregon and Washington would definitely be on my list! ❤

I’ve been looking at the Wine Country races and that would be fun. If I can build back up to a half, that might be what I check out. Since I’ve never been to Virginia wine country, that one’s a strong possibility.

7. heathersmean says:

great list! I have Las Vegas on my list next year and wineglass too. Sometimes I say hey I want to go to ____ when is there a race happening? And then I book the trip! Next up NYC marathon and Star Wars.

8. I love Kauai…a half marathon would be great there! The Wine Glass half is on my list as well. I’m still in the process of making my 50 states bucket list with The Hubby. It’s a great way to see our own country and make awesome race memories!

Several of these are on my list too! I’d love to do Rock and Roll Vegas (maybe next year) and flying pig is on my list because I grew up in Ohio and I’ve heard great things about it as a race.

10. Christine says:

I would love to run anyplace in Hawaii!!! I’m secretly (ok clearly not so secretly now) hoping that I can convince Adam to do Hawaii for our honeymoon.

11. My dream racecation is either a race in Napa Valley (like ZOOMA Napa) or something in Italy!

12. I did the Vegas half 2 years ago and it was for sure one of my favorite races to run. I hope you have the chance to do it. The crowd is amazing!

13. Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes. Haha. I’d love to do ALL of these races, too! As far as my dream racecation…gotta be the London Marathon. Or RnR Madrid! 🙂

14. Great bucket list! I’d love to run the strip at night!
    Karen @karenlovestorun

15. There are so many racecations I want to do. Disney Wine & Dine (among other Disney Races), the actually marathon Marathon in Greece, Napa to Sonoma half… I could go on and on! I’ll do the Wine Glass Half with you next year!

16. Vegas was a great race! I have always wanted to go to Hawaii so I would love to run Kauai.

17. Sam @ PancakeWarriors says:

Im with you on all of these – especailly Hawaii!! I would be nervous wreck before the race so would have to stay extra long after 🙂 This is a great round up – now I’m going to daydream about tropical vacations

18. charissarunning says:

Awesome! I just wrote about my dream race destinations as well! I would definitely add the Wineglass Marathon after the 5 I listed. It sounds like a wonderful race. That would also make 50% of my dream races wine-related! Hahaha

19. Tricia says:

Right there with you on the Rock n Roll Vegas! Never been and it is on my bucket list too! While I have been to Disney a race there is on the list! 🙂

20. gtaylor07 says:

I’ve been dreaming of Hawaii a lot recently. I would love to go to Bermuda for the Bermuda Triangle Challenge!

21. Key West sounds fun! I’ve been for vacation but would love to do a race there! And oh Hawaii…always the dream!

22. just read about kauai in women’s running last night! that’d be a great one. i’m running the wineglass marathon this year – i can.not.wait! 🙂

23. These all look like fun places to visit. I’m not a runner, but I’d love to visit them anyway! 🙂

24. runsaltrun says:

These are great! I really hope to do WIneglass one day too!
    Eventually I’d love to do a big west coast race. I wish I was a runner when I lived out there, but I totally missed out!

25. mkadens1 says:

Ooooh great picks! I ran the Flying Pig 3-way last year and it was so much fun! I’ve heard all great things about Wineglass too. I ran the half in Maui but not Kauai. Steamy but beautiful! See you in Vegas this year?

26. There are so many races out there to travel to! I’d love to run in Vancouver,BC some day – I just think it would be cool to run on the other side of Canada, since I’m from Nova Scotia.

27. I think I’d love to do all of those! I’m big on running and vacationing- but I currently signed up to win a trip to Tough Mudder Australia, which would be the ULTIMATE racecation for me! I’ve always wanted to go to the Land Down Under and to be able to do a race while there- heaven! I just hope I wouldn’t run into any huge snakes on course- or spiders lol. I hear Aussie land is famous for those things. I also hope I win haha.

28. I’d love to run Big Sur (the marathon or the half–not picky!)

29. Awesome list!! I couldn’t agree with you more!! All great racecation destinations!!

30. Kathleen says:

I cannot wait to run the Flying Pig in 22 days!! I have one last big weekend of running and then it’s taper time!! YIPPY!!
    Wineglass is on my list too if i never make it into the NYC Marathon 😦
    I’m not sure what Hawaii race i will do..but i’m planning it to be the last state 🙂

31. Flying Pig and Wineglass are both on my bucket list. I travel for races a lot and I still feel like I’m never going to manage all of the ones I want to do LOL.

32. GiselleR says:

If I was a runner, I’d definitely look into doing a race in Hawaii! So much fun!

33. Oh there are so many on my bucket list: Big Sur, Hawaii, New York to name a precious few!

34. Kauai is incredible. I would love to run a marathon there! I definitely need to dream a great racecation and make it happen!

35. Pingback: Friday Five – May 15th – Top Keyword Searches for From Dancing to Running | From Dancing to Running

36. Pingback: Friday Five – Potpourri v. 9 | From Dancing to Running