Happy first day of Spring! And how are we celebrating here in the DC area? I think this weather forecast map says it all:
Yup, that’s right. We get to spend the day dealing with more of that white stuff. Old man winter, you’ve overstayed your welcome. Its time for you to go into hibernation.
Despite the snow today, I’m not letting that get me down about it being the first day of one of my two favorite seasons of the year (Summer is my other favorite). From the warmer temperatures to the longer days to how gorgeous everything looks when its in bloom, there’s so much to love about Spring. And this Spring, there’s many exciting things that I’m looking forward to, including:
1. Kicking off Spring by running the Dolphin Challenge during Shamrock Marathon Weekend. My friend Kathleen flies in this morning, and we’ll be headed for Virginia Beach this afternoon.
2. Spending a week in sunny Florida. I cannot wait wait to spend a week relaxing with Preston doing some of our favorite things, including spending time at the beach and pool, going to a baseball game, and spending a couple of days at Disney World.
3. Seeing the Cherry Blossoms. It wouldn’t be Spring in DC without getting to see the Cherry Blossoms when they’re in bloom. And right now the weather experts are predicting that the Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run will be during peak bloom, which will make the race all that more scenic.
4. Spending more time outside. Just in the past couple of weeks with the sun not setting until later Preston and I have been able to take Riley for more walks after work. I can’t wait to spend more time outside in the coming weeks and months as the weather continues to get nicer and nicer.
5. Having Preston’s best friend visit us in May. Its been way too long (to be exact, since August 2013) that we’ve seen Preston’s best friend. We’ve moved, he and his wife have moved, and life has just been crazy for all of us. Sadly, the timing of the trip doesn’t work for his wife to also come, but we can’t wait to have him here for five days.
QOTD: What are you looking most forward to about Spring?
As always, thank you to the DC Trifecta Bloggers (Courtney from Eat Pray Run DC, Mar from Mar on the Run, and Cynthia from You Signed Up For What?!) for hosting the weekly Friday Five Link Up. Be sure to check out their posts as well!