Friday Five – March 6th – Five Things I’m Loving Lately

Happy Friday everybody!  How is the weather where you are?  Cold?  Snowy?  That’s what we’re experiencing once again here in the DC area.  We had yet another Snow Day yesterday, and even Preston was home since the Federal Government was also shut down.  If you’re anything like me, you’re more than over Winter and ready for Spring to finally make its arrival.

There’s a couple of things that I’ve been loving lately and have been making dealing with Winter’s lingering presence just a bit more bearable.

1.  Easy to make Asian dinners

sushi bowl

My Sushi Bowl from Monday night’s dinner

Preston and I enjoyed Pork Fried Rice Sunday night for dinner and then a Sushi Bowl Monday night for dinner.  I plan to share the Sushi Bowl recipe with all of you next week.

2.  Season 24 of the Amazing Race

amazing race

Both last Winter and this Winter the Amazing Race has been my go to show to watch on the iPad during long runs on the treadmill.  I doubt anywhere close to enough snow will melt between now and tomorrow when I run my planned 5 miles or Sunday when I run my planned 14 miles, so once again I’ll be running on the treadmill.  Thank goodness for old episodes of the Amazing Race to help keep me motivated on the treadmill!

3.  The Bachelor

Photo Credit: US Weekly

Photo Credit: US Weekly

I fully admit, I’m a sucker for The Bachelor and The Bachelorette.  I laughed quite a bit while watching the “Women Tell All” episode this past Monday, and can’t wait to watch the season finale on Monday.

4.  My Garmin

My stats from the St. Patricks Day 10k on Sunday

My stats from the St. Patrick’s Day 10k on Sunday

You may recall that I received my Garmin Forerunner 15 for Christmas from Preston.  Although the snow and cold hasn’t allowed me to use it as much as I’d like to, I love all of the data that it provides me with and how much more reliable it is than just using RunKeeper on my phone.

5.  Big puppy smiles

Riley in the snow

I love it when Riley smiles, and I caught him in action while outside on the deck yesterday while it was snowing.

QOTD: What are you loving lately?

DC_linkup

This entry was posted in Milestones and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

65 Responses to Friday Five – March 6th – Five Things I’m Loving Lately

1. Is it really already season 24 of TAR?! Holy guacamole!

Loving = plowed sidewalks? Lol:) Have a wonderful weekend, friend!

Huge fan of Amazing Race since we love to travel. Your Asian food has me thinking that i just might have to research recipes and branch out in the kitchen. Your sushi bowl looks yummy!

I love that I’m in Florida :-p I’m watching the forecast back home and am happy I’ve been able to enjoy some warm weather.

4. Everyone is into the Bachelor this year- I feel like it went from a joke to a cult classic and now I am missing out! I’ll have to give it a whirl 🙂

5. Coco says:

I love my Garmin too! I have the 10 but probably will get the 15 when it dies.

6. What kind of dog is that? I have a cocker spaniel who is the exact same color mix!

7. Oh The Bachelor!!! Can’t wait to see the finale!!!! And yes…I LOVE my Garmin too!!!! Your puppy is so cute!

8. haleyduke17 says:

How funny! I just discovered a new Asian veggie burger from Dr. Praegers. <– have you heard of them? It's nothing fancy like you posted, but it's still delicious and super easy to cook. I love Asian food.

9. runsaltrun says:

Your pup is so freaking cute! What a great smile. At least someone is loving all the snow. 🙂
    I was trying to decide between the 220 and the FR15 at Christmas and it was such a close decision! I’m glad you love your watch. It sounds awesome!

10. shanks324 says:

Love the Amazing Race!! I think it’s fun to watch the blind date couples interact. Also looking forward to seeing the finale of the Bachelor! 🙂 Have a great weekend!

11. SuzLyfe says:

How are they on Season 24 of the Amazing Race?? I just saw that they were on Season 20 of Dancing with the Stars. That is crazy. I just got the FR15–I’ve only used it for my marathon thus far, so I guess I like it lol

Your dog looks so happy in that photo! I haven’t used my garmin that much this Winter either but I love it too. Definitely much more accurate than run keeper on my phone.

13. I looooove Asian-inspired meals! I’ve been *trying* to cook more, and since I’m obsessed with Chinese/Thai food, I’m all about trying to recreate those flavors at home (without all the “bad” stuff, of course). I’ve been looking forward to your recipes! 🙂 My family’s dog is named Riley, too, and it’s so fun to catch him “smiling.” Adorable! Oh, and, YES…I don’t know how much longer I can wait for spring. This is getting RIDICULOUS now!

14. Sun says:

I can’t wait to see your recipe for that sushi bowl – it looks so pretty! I agree there is nothing much better than a smile from a puppy (or really any type of pet)!

Today I am loving all the sunshine coming through my large office windows. Makes me think spring is on the way 🙂

15. I haven’t used my Garmin much this winter either…I’m wondering if it will still work at this point 😉 I’m loving running pain free!!

16. It’s always fun to watch our dogs play in the snow! I watch Amazing Race but I do not get caught up in the Bachelor drama. My sister on the other hand love it.

17. runprincess80 says:

My dog was not amused by the snow last week here in Tennessee but she never ceases to put a smile on my face. Oh and I am loving that there will be semi-spring like weather over the next week 🙂

18. okay so i love everything on your list. ESPECIALLY the bachelor and amazing race and dogs 🙂 loving this new season of amazing race and you already know my feelings on the bachelor!

19. natrunsfar says:

I can’t believe Amazing Race is on season 26 already!! That is crazy! I haven’t watched it in so long, but love that show!!!
    Your dog is adorable!!!

20. NutriFitMama says:

I need to watch this Amazing Race. My friend keeps trying to convince my husband and I to apply. HA HA!!

21. I really want a garmin 15! I used to watch the amazing race but I grew bored of it, I may have to try again.

22. Michelle @ Running with Attitude says:

I am a big Amazing Race fan! I haven’t had a chance to watch this season yet, but have the episodes recorded on my DVR.

23. So this is the second time I’ve seen sushi bowls mentioned…I need to try this -I love sushi! Now I’m craving it lol too bad my BF hates it 😦 Fun fact: one episode of the Amazing Race was filmed in my native country Paraguay!

24. Your sushi bowl looks so delicious! Lately I am loving the sunshine that is finally peeking through in New Hampshire and my new Skirt Sports Gear!

I have watched every season of the Bachelor and this was the first season I haven’t watched!!

26. I haven’t watched the Bachelor in ages. We don’t have cable (just use Netflix and Hulu) and it has really helped me be more selective on what I decide to watch. My mom is still an absolute diehard though! Oh, I love my Garmin too!

27. I love Amazing Race. Not loving this season as much as previous seasons though.

28. I love the Amazing Race. I don’t like many reality shows (or TV in general) but if I see it on, I have no problem engrossing myself in it.

29. Your puppy is so cute!!! I’m loving the fact that spring is only technically two weeks away. That’s what’s keeping me going, and what I “love” this week!

30. Yay another Batchelor watcher:) My sister and I love to watch the kind of crazy girls that get put on the show:) I just watched the “tell all” last night as I was finishing prep work for today’s weddings, it made a couple hours of ironing go by fast, that was hilarious!
    FYI love the amazing race too, I have to be on that show one day, that and Survivor I would be in heaven if on either of those shows!

31. Yum! That Asian food looks delish. If heartburn weren’t killing me I’d be out for some fried rice and California rolls with spicy mayo 🙂
    Karen @karenlovestorun

I’ve missed the past couple of seasons of Amazing Race. Can’t wait for the Bachelor this week!