Pork Fried Rice

If you follow me on Instagram then you know that the past two evenings we’ve had Asian dishes for dinner.  Preston and I are huge Asian food fans for many reasons.  Many dishes are very healthy, delicious, and packed with nutrition.  Monday evening we made a classic dish, Pork Fried Rice, and it was too good to not share with all of you.

pork fried rice

Ingredients:

2 pork chops, cut into bite size cubes
1 cup of uncooked brown rice, cooked according to package directions
½ cup broccoli, chopped
½ cup carrots, finely chopped
1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
1 can bean sprouts
½ cup frozen peas
3 scallions, chopped
5 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 tbl minced ginger
2 eggs
2 tbl olive oil
2 tbl low sodium soy sauce
1 tbl rice vinegar
1 tsp sesame oil
Sea salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:

1.  In a wok, heat the oil.  Add pork, vegetables (all but scallions), garlic, and giner, and cook until pork is fully cooked and vegetables are fully heated, about 10-12 minutes.
2.  While pork and vegetables are cooking, scramble the eggs and cook in a separate pan.
3.  Once pork and vegetables are fully cooked, add scrambled eggs, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame oil, and season with sea salt and pepper.  Let cook about 5 minutes.
4.  Stir in rice and garnish with chopped scallion.

QOTD: What is your favorite Asian dish?

This entry was posted in Food and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

45 Responses to Pork Fried Rice

We are huge fans of Asian food but usually I don’t make it at home. Tom would love the pork fried rice, so I just might have to try this in my electric skillet. I tried something new last night with a Spiralizer and made zucchini noodles and a stir fry. It was yummy!

2. After seeing the pic on Instagram I was hoping you’d post the recipe! Looks delicious! We normally do Asian take-out, but Chinese food is my favorite (I usually get chicken and broccoli)

I love Chinese food but haven’t found a good place since I moved to Dallas. We had a GREAT place in MA and I was spoiled.

4. We usually order this kind of stuff out. My mom makes a great stir fry with sweet n sour chicken we all like though. I should try to make that some day!

Yum, I love making fried rice at home! I usually make extra rice from something else in the week and use the left overs for the fried rice so it is pretty quick too.

6. Sun says:

Yum – this dish looks amazing! I love pork fried rice but have never tried making it at home. My favorite Asian dish is probably steamed potstickers. Although I usually just order them at a restaurant. Maybe someday I’ll work up to making them myself 🙂

7. Marcia says:

Yum! Love me some fried rice. I’m also a fan of beef & broccoli.

8. Elle says:

My husband really likes fried rice too. He puts green peas in his!

9. Girl I LOVE pork fried rice!!!!

10. This looks so good! I’ve never tried to make fried rice but I love to order it, so I’ll have to save this recipe!

11. runningmuffinblog says:

This looks so good, and definitely fits in with my ongoing “cook in bulk” for the week theme. My favorite Asian dish is pad Thai-the spicier the better!

12. Erica G says:

That looks wonderful. I need to give fried rice another chance and may try this minus the pork.

13. I really rarely eat Asian–my husband isn’t a fan, but I love fried rice and chicken teriayki. (sp?)

14. I’m not a huge fan of fried rice, but this does look good. I’m more of a Thai food eater – anything curry and I’m happy.

Ooooh this sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe! :

16. I made up my own fried rice recipe at Christmas for leftover turkey and it was quite tasty.
    I prefer Thai or Indian to Chinese if I’m making it at home. I love coconut rice 🙂

17. This sounds super delicious (minus the pork, I am a vegetarian) 🙂 I just bought some ginger yesterday, so I think I will have to make something like this for dinner next week. We did a quick stir fry last week, but I was rushing so badly I didn’t bother to season it very well. Thanks for sharing!

18. NutriFitMama says:

We love fried rice over here- and this is easy to sub out the meat for something vegetarian for my daughter and I 🙂

19. I’ve always wanted to make my own fried rice but just have not gotten around to it. #lazy lol this looks delicious though! I’m usually not a fan of pork but my mom made some delicious pork tonight so I might have to steal her recipe and make this with it as well!

20. I LOOOOOVE fried rice…but I’m a vegetarian. Do you think the recipe could still be made, without adding the pork?

21. jillconyers says:

My daughter loves fried rice. I don’t think she’s ever tried pork. I’m going to ask her if she wants me to make this 🙂

22. I have never tried making pork fried rice but your recipe looks good! Thanks for posting this!

23. Pingback: Friday Five – March 6th – Five Things I’m Loving Lately | From Dancing to Running

Looks great! My mom’s version is very similar to yours (she uses the onion too) 🙂