This has been one of the longest, most exhausting weeks, in quite awhile. I’m attributing much of my exhaustion to only having 1 day of school last week and trying to spend much of this week playing catch up at work. Between President’s Day and Snow Days on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, last week was far from a regular week. Thank goodness we wound up with another Snow Day yesterday, because my body and brain were just drained after spending three days trying to help get my students back on track.
Other than school being anything but normal the past two weeks, a number of other things have been going on and have definitely been keeping me super busy.
1. I completed my longest treadmill run since December 2013 this past Sunday. After receiving several more inches of snow last Saturday, there was no choice but to complete my long run at the gym. 12.5 miles later, I was more than ready to bid farewell for the afternoon to the treadmill.
2. My dad was in town from Illinois for a business trip. Most of this trip kept him busy seeing clients in Maryland, but he did have a meeting in Northern Virginia Monday afternoon, which allowed Preston and I to enjoy a nice dinner out with him Monday evening. It was great to see him, even if it was only for a couple of hours.
3. I spent part of yesterday’s Snow Day working on plans for our upcoming Florida trip. I did some research on restaurants for us to eat at while we’re in Cocoa Beach. Yesterday also marked 30 days from our arrival in Florida, which meant that I was able to make Fast Pass reservations for our first day there. We arrive in Orlando early in the morning, and then will be spending much of the day at Animal Kingdom before we drive to the beach for a couple of days, and then will end the trip back at Disney for a couple more days.
4. Today marks the last day of the “Grow Your Blog” blog hop that I’ve been participating in during the month of February. While it has been a lot of fun to connect with new bloggers, its also taken up more time than I expected. I’m looking forward to having a bit more down time each day.
5. On Sunday I’ll be running my first two races of 2015 at the St. Patrick’s Day Double. Several area bloggers are also running the race, and I’m looking forward to seeing everybody.
QOTD: What’s new in your life? What has been keeping you busy lately?
As always, thank you to the DC Trifecta Bloggers (Courtney from Eat Pray Run DC, Mar from Mar on the Run, and Cynthia from You Signed Up For What?!) for hosting the weekly Friday Five Link Up. Be sure to check out their posts as well!