Friday Five – February 27th

This has been one of the longest, most exhausting weeks, in quite awhile.  I’m attributing much of my exhaustion to only having 1 day of school last week and trying to spend much of this week playing catch up at work.  Between President’s Day and Snow Days on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, last week was far from a regular week.  Thank goodness we wound up with another Snow Day yesterday, because my body and brain were just drained after spending three days trying to help get my students back on track.

Other than school being anything but normal the past two weeks, a number of other things have been going on and have definitely been keeping me super busy.

1.  I completed my longest treadmill run since December 2013 this past Sunday.  After receiving several more inches of snow last Saturday, there was no choice but to complete my long run at the gym.  12.5 miles later, I was more than ready to bid farewell for the afternoon to the treadmill.

12.50 mile run

2.  My dad was in town from Illinois for a business trip.  Most of this trip kept him busy seeing clients in Maryland, but he did have a meeting in Northern Virginia Monday afternoon, which allowed Preston and I to enjoy a nice dinner out with him Monday evening.  It was great to see him, even if it was only for a couple of hours.

3.  I spent part of yesterday’s Snow Day working on plans for our upcoming Florida trip.  I did some research on restaurants for us to eat at while we’re in Cocoa Beach.  Yesterday also marked 30 days from our arrival in Florida, which meant that I was able to make Fast Pass reservations for our first day there.  We arrive in Orlando early in the morning, and then will be spending much of the day at Animal Kingdom before we drive to the beach for a couple of days, and then will end the trip back at Disney for a couple more days.

4.  Today marks the last day of the “Grow Your Blog” blog hop that I’ve been participating in during the month of February.  While it has been a lot of fun to connect with new bloggers, its also taken up more time than I expected.  I’m looking forward to having a bit more down time each day.

Grow Your Blog Image

5.  On Sunday I’ll be running my first two races of 2015 at the St. Patrick’s Day Double.  Several area bloggers are also running the race, and I’m looking forward to seeing everybody.

QOTD: What’s new in your life?  What has been keeping you busy lately?

DC_linkup

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

59 Responses to Friday Five – February 27th

1. haleyduke17 says:

I used to go to Cocoa Beach all the time when I lived in Orlando. Coconuts was my favorite beachside hangout. This was during my twenties though, so don’t know how it’d be now that I’m all grown up.
    Hope you’re able to catch up soon at work. I’m sure snow days can be fun and stressful when it comes to work schedules.

2. What a busy week girl! The snow everywhere is crazy! It’s just cold here…no snow. Wow on the 12.5 mile treadmill run!!! Not sure I would make it that long on the tm. Good luck in your races this weekend!

Nice job on your long treadmill run. My first year training for the Princess Half 2011, I ended up with several long treadmill runs….they are absolutely no fun but sometimes a necessity. Have a great time at your double race day this weekend!

4. NutriFitMama says:

Great job on your treadmill run- it’s so difficult for me to get in longer runs on the treadmill!! Good luck on your double race day 🙂

5. My husband and I were just talking about how all the 2-hour delays and school closings were probably really messing up the schools. Good luck and have fun at your race! I’m also doing a race tomorrow, but just as my long run.

Great job on the long treadmill run! I think the longest I’ve done on the treadmill is 7 or 8 miles. I’m hoping we’re done with snow for this Winter but that may be overly optimistic 😦

7. runsaltrun says:

I feel like all of us around here are dealing with some seriously long treadmill runs lately! COME ON SPRING!!! I can’t even begin to imagine the challenge of getting kids back on track after so many days off. Teachers have a certain patience that I will never possess. 🙂

This week has been a little crazy. 2.5 snow days to start the week, and now I’m not sure what today will bring. It’s cold and we’re supposed to get more snow, which will probably stick. Thankfully I got a good workout yesterday in case tomorrow’s crazy as well.

9. Marcia says:

I agree with you! This week has gone on forever! So has this month and it’s a short one. Spring cannot come soon enough. Have a great race this weekend!

10. One things for sure, you won’t have snow days down here in FL! Hope you can get some rest this weekend, catching up from snow days sure is exhausting!

11. 12.5 miles on the treadmill?! The most I’ve ever done is 9 – kudos to you! Have a great race this weekend!

12. Sun says:

Great job getting that run done on the treadmill – I admire anyone that runs long on one! That’s dedication to the run 🙂

13. Great job on the TM! And yay for upcoming races! I’ve been busy moving. I wish I had races upcoming. 😦 haha

14. have fun running the double this weekend!

15. Erica G says:

Long runs on a TM take determination. Great job!

16. My kids are keeping me plenty busy these days. I commend you for 12.5 miles on the treadmill. I was ready to scratch my eyes out after 10.

17. shanks324 says:

Sounds like quite the week! Great job on your treadmill run and good luck in your races this weekend!!

18. Good luck on your races this weekend! It looks like you had a pretty good week 🙂

19. Is the snow gone? Good luck at your races!

20. carmyy says:

Good luck on your races!!! You’re going to rock it! This week of preparation seemed to have gone super.

21. jillconyers says:

12+ miles on the treadmill! You have me beat by 3.5 miles. For some reason this winter the treadmill hasn’t been so bad. It’s better than the alternative for sure.

22. It has been a long and exhausting week for me as well, thank goodness it’s the weekend!
    12 miles on the treadmill…yay! It’s not easy/fun but it feels good when it’s done.
    Hope you have a great race on Sunday and the weather isn’t too cold! 🙂
    Karen @karenlovestorun

23. Erin M says:

I’m in Cocoa Beach for work every so often. One of my favorite restaurants is Roberto’s Little Havana. Wonderful Cuban food, and I highly recommend their mojo chicken! Good luck on your races!

24. Great job!! You are a rock star! Good luck at your races! 🙂

25. Wow! I’ve never done more than sprints on a treadmill which I know preps don’t equal to more than a mile at most! The treadmill and I don’t get on too well lol

You HAVE been busy! Wow…a 12.5 mile treadmill run, way to go!

27. HoHo Runs says:

That’s a loooonnnnggggg TM run. Awesome. Good luck on your Sunday races! Here’s to having a normal, or at least better, week.

After today, I am READY for spring! Hope its not too icey out for you tonight/tomorrow. See you in a few weeks!

29. Great job on your long treadmill run! We have had a tough Winter so I am very much looking forward to Spring, hopefully sooner rather than later 🙂 I loved the blog hop but am looking forward to a bit more time back this week too! Have a great week!

30. Very cool about your long treadmill run, those indoor runs in my opinion are never easy!
    I am glad you participated in the hop! I will admit it took even more time than I had planned, if I hadn’t pre-written all my posts I really would have struggled:) But I think overall it worked out pretty well, and a lot of us found a few new blogs we are looking forward to following!!!