My Goals for Sunday’s St. Patrick’s Day Double

On Sunday I’ll be running my first two races of 2015.  I’m so excited to officially kick off my 2015 race season by running in one of my favorite places to run – downtown DC.  I love running past the monuments and haven’t run downtown since the Army Ten Miler back in October.

The St. Patrick’s Day Double will start with a 5k at 8:15 a.m. followed by a 10k at 9:00 a.m.  I plan on taking the 5k very easy, using 1 minute intervals switching between jogging and walking.  The one and only reason I plan to take the 5k easy is because I’d like to push myself to PR the 10k race.

PAC-St-Pats-Run-Logo

For the 10k, I have three goals:

Goal A – PR the race – my current 10k PR is 1:06:02 (10:38 pace)

Goal B – Finish the race in under 1:06:48 (10:45 pace)

Goal C – Finish the race in under 1:08:21 (11:00 pace)

QOTD: What was/is your first race of 2015?

This entry was posted in Races and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

56 Responses to My Goals for Sunday’s St. Patrick’s Day Double

This will be my first race of the year as well!! I have to do 16 miles this day so I think I may hit the treadmill at 5am for my first 7 and then head into DC! Hope to see you there and fingers crossed for dry, warmer weather!

How exciting to have a double as your first race (s) of 2015. Good luck with meeting your goal and most of all have fun!

3. I thought about running a similar set of races at the beginning of February, but it just didn’t work out for me. Good luck this weekend!

My first race was the Daytona 5K-we ran the Daytona race track (plus a little section on the infield)! It was a neat experience!

4. Good luck with setting a new pr what a great way to kick off the race season.

5. Wow two races in the same day. You are very driven to try and PR for one of them.
    Goodluck!

6. Best of luck to you on the double and earning a new PR! I remember my first race of 2015, it was a 10k as well and I did PR. No better way to start the year off 🙂

Good luck getting that PR!

8. Hopefully I’ll see you there!! These are strong goals for Sunday. I’m sure you can do it. I’m also taking 5k easy and pushing on 10k. Won’t hit my PR I’m sure but it’ll be a fun race! Hope the weather cooperates 🙂

I’m going to be doing this one too! I’m not sure of my plan yet. I’m planning to do one of the races easy and try to PR the other but I’m not sure which one. I’m currently leaning toward trying to PR the 5k and then taking it easy for the 10k.

10. Awesome! You’re going to do great! My first race of 2015 was on Super Bowl Sunday. It was COOOOOLLLLDDDD. Luckily, it was only a 4 miler, so I didn’t have to be out there long. I hope it’ll be warmer for my first longer race of the year in a few weeks.

11. TeamFitMommy says:

I haven’t signed up for any races so far this year but your race goals inspire me! Have a great race!

12. Best of luck with your 10k, I know you’ll rock it!

13. Marcia says:

Good luck with the double this weekend and with your goals! I ran the Flying Pig 3-way last year and it was so much fun (10k was first, then 5k, then half). My first race isn’t until early April. Give how crummy our weather is, I don’t feel too bad about that!

14. Ali Ronan says:

Holy moly! For a non-runner not one but two races in a morning sounds extra intense. I hope that you have a wonderful time and meet your goals!!

15. I so wanted to do this race too! I did the Clarendon double back in Sept so much fun. I haven’t been able to up my mileage much since my most recent injury. I know you’ve been struggling too so good luck and hope it goes well for you!

16. runprincess80 says:

Good luck in the race! It sounds like it will be a great one 🙂

17. Wow, how fun to do 2 races back to back, I can’t wait to hear about it! Good luck and hope you get your PR!!!

18. NutriFitMama says:

Good luck! My first race for 2015 was the Zooma half marathon in January. It was a blast!

19. bjcjapan says:

Wow – 2 races in one day! I’ve never done that, but it sounds like fun! Hope you have a great time, and achieve your goal(s)! My first race this year was the Chilly Chase Half Marathon (http://bitly.com/1yiOKMB) – it wasn’t chilly at all – I ran in shorts and t-shirt!
    I have my first 10k of the season on Sunday, which also coincides with my 1 year blogiversary! 🙂

20. shohman25 says:

My first race of 2015 is in about 2 weeks…coming up a little too quick!

GOOD LUCK on Sunday!! Sounds like a fun day!!

21. After completing Princess on Sunday, I’m already 9 races in for the year-so crazy!

I did a double run and took the 5k easy and was able to PR the 10k by 4 minutes. I think you’re going to rock the 10k this weekend as well!

22. jillconyers says:

I haven’t raced yet! I’m waiting for the spring race season 🙂

23. Pingback: Friday Five – February 27th | From Dancing to Running

24. Good luck on PRing this race!

25. Best of luck! I’ve only ran one 10k race but I really liked it – will be doing more in 2015. I set my 10k PR during a training run during NYCM training haha

26. Awesome, good luck with both your races! I love your goals too:) I hope you hit them, or who knows crush them:)

That sounds like a good plan. I am going to use the 5K as a warm up and hope to get close to the PR. Not sure if I am back to where I was last spring/summer yet.

28. Pingback: March 2015 Monthly Goals | From Dancing to Running

29. I hope the race went well (I’m a little late here!) My first race of 2015 was this weekend as well, a 10K snowshoe race! It was brutal and so much fun