Back in January I made it a goal to spend the month of February working on growing my blog. While this is usually an ongoing priority for most bloggers, I figured between the cold weather, fewer events on my personal calendar this past month, and the potential for Snow Days (we’ve had three this month, as well as several two hour delays) that I’d have some extra time this month to focus on extra growth. Part of that growth has included my involvement in the “Grow Your Blog” Blog Hop hosted by Kristy from Runaway Bridal Planner.
One key element for blog growth is networking. Blogging is not a one way street. In order to foster growth for your blog, its essential that you interact with readers and other bloggers on Social Media as well as on other blogs.
Some examples of networking include:
- Commenting on other blogs. This should go without saying, but you shouldn’t expect others to visit and comment on your blog if you don’t visit and comment on other blogs. Not only is it common courtesy, but its a great way to meet and interact with like minded people.
- Tweeting out links to posts on other blogs that you like. This is a great way to show appreciation for what other bloggers have to say, and demonstrates that you recognize that blogging is in fact a two way street.
— Kathryn (@Dancing2Running) February 24, 2015
- Just like tweeting out links, pinning posts to Pinterest and sharing links on Facebook are other ways to show some love for your favorite bloggers and/or share posts that resonate with you.
- Interact with other bloggers by giving shout outs. This could include #FF (Follow Friday) shout outs on Twitter to some of your favorite bloggers as well as words of encouragement and good luck to those getting ready to run a race that day or that weekend.
— Kathryn (@Dancing2Running) February 20, 2015
- I’ve said this before, but join a link up. Its a great way to meet other bloggers but also helps to get your name out there. I participate in the weekly Friday Five link up hosted by the DC Trifecta, and have participated twice now in the Tuesdays on the Run link up.
- Join a blog hop. Like I already said, I’m currently participating in my first one ever and I’ve noticed that this has led to a huge significant increase in my monthly stats.
Blogging takes lots of time and you won’t be an overnight success, but if you’re willing to invest the time and resources necessary the payoff can be huge.
For more blogging tips, be sure to check out these posts:
- Five Ways to Grow Your Blog
- Blogging Tips for New Bloggers
- How I’ve Increased My Blog Readership
- Tips for More Consistent Blogging
QOTD: How do you network with blog readers and other bloggers?