Tuesdays on the Run: Motivation

Today I’m joining Erika from MCM Mama Runs, Patty from My No-Guilt Life, and April from Run the Great Wide Somewhere for the Tuesdays on the Run Linkup.  This week’s topic is Motivation.

Tuesdays-on-the-run

This topic is especially fitting given the weather the past couple of weeks.  Last week the DC area saw more snow than its seen all winter, and we experienced record setting cold temperatures and wind chills.  I often find it difficult to stay motivated in the winter, especially with how cold its been lately, but I find that turning to a couple of key quotes helps me to get up off the couch and keep moving towards reaching my goals.

Some of my favorite quotes that are helping me to stay motivated at this time of year include:

devito quote

garland quote

picabo street quote

hamilton quote

landry quote

whitman

And of course, there’s no greater motivation for me than to be training for a goal race.  Only 26 days stand between myself and my fourth half marathon!

QOTD: What keeps you motivated and moving in the winter?

This entry was posted in Motivation and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

54 Responses to Tuesdays on the Run: Motivation

1. Great quotes! Wow only 26 days. Races sure come u fast. I can’t believe Princess wkend is already over. Time does fly!

2. NutriFitMama says:

I love that bad attitude quote! So true! This is going to sound crazy, but I keep thinking of Dori from Little Nemo “Just Keep Swimming!” this winter- it has been ROUGH!!

3. Thanks for the motivation this morning 😊

4. If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you – YES! Words to live by 🙂

5. Love all the quotes! One thing that keeps me motivated is knowing how sluggish I’ll feel if I don’t get up and get moving. Exercising gives me positive energy to put into the rest of the day!

Well, I’m stuck inside due to ice and this is day two. If I don’t do something, whether it’s yoga, Pilates or HIIT, cabin fever sets in. And it’s not pretty when cabin fever hits.

7. Weirdest. Winter. Weather. EVER!!! Love the quotes 🙂

8. Marcia says:

I’m with you: a goal race keeps me moving. I’ve been doing it so long it’s just what I do.

9. gaeaphilia says:

“If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you” – I LOVE that! I have to use that as one of my mantras 🙂

10. TeamFitMommy says:

I love the quotes! That is a great motivator for me also. Best wishes on your race!

11. Right now I’m motivated by wanting to lose weight. I am the heaviest I have ever been so that’s really what is driving me to go to the gym. On the days I don’t feel like going I ask myself, “how bad do you want it?!?” I also like the quote you put about the only disability is a bad attitude…so true!

12. Great quotes! I stay motivated by always having a plan on what races I want to run. My goal race at the moment is the KY Derby Half in April 🙂

13. Karen G says:

The one thing that gets me through the winter is having my races scheduled… If I didn’t have something to train for, I am pretty sure I would hibernate until spring! 😉

14. alsoranagain says:

Being registered for a springtime race always helps motivate me to stay in shape during the winter. Having a persistent running partner also helps!

15. A goal race keeps me motivated to train, but knowing that running is my anti-depressant keeps me moving even when I have no race on the horizon.

Thanks for joining us!

16. Great quotes! I’m all about the mantra…

17. Wahoo I needed this! Thank you! Going to the gym!

18. d20girl says:

I love those quotes! I usually love running in the winter (I live in Florida!) but this year I just haven’t been “feeling it”. I’m really enjoying everyone’s posts today and finding my motivation in the positive attitude and accomplishments of all my fellow running bloggers! Thanks for linking up with us today!

19. i’m motivated by knowing that SOMETHING is better than NOTHING and that keeping a base (even though i don’t have a race for a couple months) is making me a stronger runner. shamrock will be here before you know it!

20. shanks324 says:

Great quotes! Love “If it doesn’t challenge you it doesn’t change you”. So true! Let’s hope spring comes soon!

21. katemovingforward1234 says:

Love that quote by Judy Garland! It’s hard in the winter, but I think it proves your mettle and it will be so much easier to hop into all the fun warm weather activities since I’ve been active and training all winter!

22. I love these quotes, a couple I hadn’t heard before:)
    26 days, those will fly! #4 very very awesome!!!

23. bjcjapan says:

I love these quotes! I’m not really much of a quote guy, but I like what you’ve done with this. Fortunately, because Vancouver is runnable year-round, I don’t face the winter running blues quite as much. But honestly, it’s a combination of having races booked AND my blog that keeps me motivated! Thanks for sharing!!

24. Great quotes! There isn’t much that gets me motivated for all of this ice and sub freezing temps. I hit the treadmill, with absolutely no remorse 🙂

25. Great quotes! Thanks for the motivation! 🙂

26. I love al these quotes, they are awesome motivation! I happen to like what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, that being said my strength is nil and I have been hitting the treadmill in the colder weather.

All great quotes. Right now, Paris is my motivation. I want to really enjoy that race and the only way to do that is to get my training in!