At the beginning of the year I shared my tentative 2015 Race Calendar.  Naturally, plans have already changed slightly, as I’m constantly editing and making changes to my racing plans and figuring out which races I want to be my goal races for the year.  I haven’t done much planning beyond the summer, partly because I’m waiting for Rock ‘n’ Roll to finalize the races dates for Philly and Brooklyn before I make some final decisions about my fall races.

Despite the uncertainty of some my racing plans for the second half of the year, there are several races that I’m already registered for, and several others that I plan to register for.  Five of the races I’m most looking forward to running this year include:

March 1st – St. Patrick’s Day Double (5k and 10k)

PAC-St-Pats-Run-Logo

I’ll be kicking off my 2015 races with the St. Patrick’s Day Double.  I plan to take the 5k super easy (possibly doing 1 min run/1 min walk intervals) so that I can conserve my energy for the 10k.  I’d like to strive for a 10k PR, as the course is advertised as being pretty flat.  Several DC area bloggers will also be running this race, so of course I look forward to meeting up with them.

March 22nd – Anthem Shamrock Half Marathon

shamrock

Since the beginning of November I’ve been focused on training for my fourth half marathon.  I’m also hoping to PR at this race, as the course is flat and the weather should be very different than it was for my last half marathon, when it was hot and humid at Rock ‘n’ Roll Virginia Beach.

April 12th – Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run

cucblogo

After a disappointing race experience last year, I’m looking forward to a redo of this race.  Since Preston has had two positive experiences running Cherry Blossom, I’m optimistic that I’ll have a better experience this year.  And if I don’t, well then, I know that going forward that maybe this just isn’t the race for me.

September 6th – Rock ‘n’ Roll Virginia Beach Half Marathon

rnrvabeach

This will be my third year running Virginia Beach, and my first repeat half marathon.  I ran the mini marathon in 2013, and ran the half last year.  I love being able to close out summer at the beach, and running a fun race is just the icing on the cake of a great long weekend away.

Don’t forget that if you’re interested in running any of the Rock ‘n’ Roll half or full marathons in the U.S. or Canada in 2015 that you can save $15 off of registration by using code DANCINGTORUNNING (excludes Las Vegas).

rnr discount code

November 7th – Wine and Dine Half Marathon

wine and dine

This race has been on my and Preston’s 2015 race calendar for more than a year now.  We cannot wait to return to Disney to run another runDisney race, as well as to experience the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot in November.  Registration for annual passholders opens up in just a couple of weeks, and we cannot wait to secure our spots in our next Disney race.

QOTD: What race are you most looking forward to running this year?

DC_linkup

This entry was posted in Races and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

64 Responses to Friday Five – February 20th – Five Races I’m Looking Forward to Running This Year

See you for #1, 2 and 3 🙂 I can’t wait for more details for RnR Brooklyn…. us planners… I want Fall 2015 to be picked out

2. The Rock ‘n’ Roll series sounds like so much fun! I have never run it before but am thinking about running one of their series this Fall. I’ll keep your discount code in mind. Thanks! 🙂

I’ll be at a few of those! I’ll be at the St Patty’s day race, I’ll be doing double plus adding 8 miles onto that :/ I’m still torn on VA Beach RnR, I’m waiting to hear the dates of Philly and Brooklyn! And so jealous of Shamrock. I loved that race last year and bummed that I couldn’t do it this year! Have a great weekend my friend!

4. runsaltrun says:

Wine and Dine is on my bucket list! I know a few people that have run it and said it was the most fun! Cherry Blossom is also on my someday list. 🙂

5. My sister lives in VA and we wanted to do the VA Beach Rock and Roll, too! It looks like an awesome race.

6. I would love to do the Disney Wine & Dine or any disney race really!

7. Wine and Dine is going to ROCK this year! Especially if we don’t have to suffer through the great Splash and Dash of 2014!

8. Donna says:

Oh I am so excited. I’m planning on doing the Savannah Rock and Roll and I haven’t registered yet. So glad I met you through the blog hop because now I have a coupon! Yay!

9. Elle says:

Looks like a fun race year ahead for you. I hope you have a great time with all of them.

Good luck with all of these. Those darn logistics take so long but hopefully Philly and Brooklyn will be set soon.

11. I have always wanted to do the Cherry Blossom 10 miler, one of these years!!!

12. jennuhfer says:

I’m running Wine and Dine as my first half marathon! I’m so excited!

13. Glad to see you coming back to VA beach! We definitely all have to get together.

Wine n dine has been on and off our list for a while now. We just can’t seem to commit to it!

14. Sun says:

All of those races sound fantastic! I’ve always wanted to run a Disney race and Wine and Dine sounds right up my alley. A feast at the end is the perfect motivation to run a bit faster 😉

I also have the Cherry Blossom 10 miler on my bucket list. I hear DC is so beautiful that time of year!

15. These look like fantastic races! I want to do the Cherry Blossom someday 🙂

16. OMG! I’m so jealous! So many of these races are on my bucket list. I want to do the Cherry Blossom 10 miler, the wine and dine, and any rock’n’roll race! Take me with you!

17. mkadens1 says:

What a great lineup you’ve got planned! So many great races in the DC area. I think I’m most looking forward to running the Twin Cities Marathon and RnR Savannah.

18. haleyduke17 says:

Wine & Dine was my first half marathon. It’s such an awesome race too. Hope you’re a night ow!?!! The course is pretty awesome too. My favorite part was running through Hollywood Studios and seeing The Osbourne Family Christmas lights. It came right at the perfect point.
    That Cherry Blossom 10 miler is on my bucket list. Looks like a great race.

19. cassi9879b says:

Not a runner but the race themes all seem like fun!

20. shanks324 says:

Nice list! I’ve done the Cherry Blossom run, I loved visiting DC and it was a great race! I’ve heard great things about Shamrock, I would like to do that next year if I can. Love the Rock N Roll series and would love to do Virginia Beach one day. I can’t believe that they still haven’t announced the date for Philly!

21. NutriFitMama says:

I want to do the wind and dine one so bad! Sounds like you have a lot of great races ahead 🙂

22. I can’t wait to run Ragnar Cape Cod. I love Ragnar and the area can’t be beat.

23. Awesome race schedule, I did the VA Beach 1/2 the last 3 years, but this year I can’t and am going to miss it!

24. Can’t decide if I’ll do Wine and Dine again this year (LOVED IT last year) or try RnR Savannah this year. They’re on the same day, so I have to pick!

I actually don’t have any races on the calendar yet, but I’m looking forward to signing up for some soon!

25. See you at 1 and 2!! 🙂

26. wine and dine is soooo on my list but not this year 😦

27. Such a fun line-up of races for you! I am going to be adding some new triathlons to my list of accomplishments this summer ending the summer with my first half ironman at the Timberman 70.3.

28. Fun! I think next year I will enter the Cherry Blossom lottery. I really want to do that one.

I will also be at the RNR Virginia Beach Half! It will be my first RNR event and I’m super excited for it!

29. Love wine and dine! I’m planning on going back to do it again! And I’ve done a back to back run-took the 5k easily and was able to PR the 10k

30. I would love to get back to Disney for Wine and Dine…you will love it! Running at night is so much fun 🙂
    Karen @karenlovestorun

31. cheriarmour says:

I did Shamrock as my first full. Great race because it’s so flat, but it was SO windy.

32. Ima Mosier says:

They all look like great races. I am so jealous. have always wanted to do the Disney Wine and Dine Half.

33. Shamrock and the Cherry Blossoms run are both on my bucket list! I look forward to hearing your recap of Shamrock – I was thinking of running it this year but I kept hearing about how it could be windy. Best of luck!

34. I’m just happy to be running this year. After so much injury and time off, I’m excited for any starting line. I miss the excitement!

35. The Disney race sounds like so much fun! And my favorite race are mud run races! Normally I’m not big into get all dirty, but I found that I have so much at mud races!