Friday Five – February 13th – Five Places I’ve Loved Traveling To

Happy early Valentine’s Day everybody!  May you be able to be surrounded by those you love and who love you on this special day, whether its a significant other, friends, or family.

This week’s Friday Five theme with the DC Trifecta is “All About Love.”  For this same theme last year, I shared five “Love” running songs, many of which I still have on my running playlist.  This post was inspired by the first Valentine’s Day that Preston and I spent together.  We had been dating for just under three months, and took our first trip together to New York City over President’s Day Weekend in 2010, which got me thinking about the many places that we’ve traveled to together.

Five places that I’ve loved traveling to, and would love to get back to someday, include:

1.  Hawaii (Our Honeymoon) – August 2011

We spent two weeks in Hawaii for our honeymoon, which included 7 nights on Oahu, a day trip to the Big Island to see the volcanoes, and 5 nights on Maui

2.  Key West – April 2012

We loved visiting the Southernmost city in the Continental U.S.

We loved visiting the Southernmost city in the Continental U.S.

3.  Napa and Sonoma – July/August 2012

We spent six days in the Napa and Sonoma Valleys celebrating our first wedding anniversary

4.  San Antonio – September 2012

We spent Labor Day weekend exploring San Antonio with two of our good friends

We spent Labor Day weekend exploring San Antonio with two of our good friends

5.  San Diego – August 2013

We spent almost two weeks in Southern California for our second wedding anniversary, which included several days in San Diego

QOTD: What is one place that you’ve traveled to that you would love to visit again?

DC_linkup

This entry was posted in Travel and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

52 Responses to Friday Five – February 13th – Five Places I’ve Loved Traveling To

Great spots and pics Kathryn. I spy Hotel del Coronado a favorite spot of ours in San Diego. I would love a nice warm place at the moment, despite having just returned from a cruise. It is really cold here at the moment,

2. What fantastic trips! I’ve been to three of these spots and would love to go back. More specifically, I would like to return to Hawaii…for more than 4 days and not with coworkers! 😉 Happy Valentine’s Day to you two lovebirds!

3. Hawaii is amazing -we went for our honeymoon back in 1995 and we are headed back this summer for our 20th anniversary. Wow I sound old-LOL

4. Wonderful pictures! It looks like you’ve been about everywhere I’d want to go in America! I would want to go back to Edinburgh, Scotland. It was beautiful!

5. Girl you’ve been to some incredible places! I’d love to visit San Francisco again! I fell in love with that city!

6. I love Hawaii! I have been but Bobby hasn’t and I’m dying to take him!

You read my mind with San Diego. I spent so many childhood vacation in California, and now that I’m older, I’d love to go back. I was 8 the last time I was in San Diego and want new memories.

8. NutriFitMama says:

What fun places! I would love to travel back to the Pacific Northwest and also New England area. So many fun and beautiful places!

9. How fun! Your pics are great! I would love to go back to Keystone Colorado to snowboard. EPICNESS!

10. Such fantastic pics of you two! I heard that the grand floridian at wddw was designed after the hotel del coronado. I bet it is lovely!

11. Great pics and great places. Hawaii is definitely on my list as well, the great thing about traveling is that a couple more trips and a top 5 can be totally different! There are so many great places to go!

12. I LOVE Costa Rica. I’d live there if I could 🙂

13. Aw, love your honeymoon pics! I would LOVE to visit Hawaii someday.

Aside from Disney World (that’s a given, lol), I absolutely LOVED studying abroad in college. I lived in England for a semester, but got to travel to so many amazing countries…Spain, Italy, France, Scotland, etc. I would give my left arm to go back!

The only place I haven’t been to on that list is Hawaii! I met my husband in San Antonio, we got engaged in San Diego and our favorite trips are to Napa and Sonoma. I LOVED the California coast this summer to Big Sur, I could have stayed their forever! Have a great weekend!!

15. SuzLyfe says:

I would love to do a Napa/Sonoma trip. I spent 3 weeks in Hawaii as part of a community service trip right before senior year, and it was incredible. Truly a place unlike any other!

16. runsaltrun says:

MAJOR vacation envy! I’m so mad at myself for not going to Hawaii when I lived on the west coast. A lot easier to get there from LA than it is from here!

17. Jill says:

I’ve never been to any of those places but 4 out of 5 are on my bucket list! My favorite places have been in Europe – various areas in Italy. Have a great weekend!

Would love to go back to Sonoma and Napa – so much more to explore! I have not been to San Antonio yet. Love the picture of Preston in the trees with the koala statues. Hope you both have a good valentines day weekend.

19. HoHo Runs says:

What amazing trips you’ve been on and the pictures to go with them. I think I would want to go back to the Virgin Islands. We snorkeled for a week and had so much fun.

20. you guys are the cutest! i really wish i was someplace warm right now!

21. RFC says:

I would love to travel to ALL of those places! I went to Portland OR for a very quick weekend for a business type meeting. They took us out for about an hour trail run in a park and it was AMAZING. I couldn’t believe how different it felt form the East Coast! I would love to go back!

22. melaniejoysm says:

All of these are warm locations which is making me super jealous right now! 🙂 I love all the adorable pictures of you and your hubby!

23. Napa Valley is on my list of places to visit! We also love Hawaii and went there for our honeymoon!
    Happy Valentine’s Day! 🙂
    Karen @karenlovestorun

24. We have always said that for our 15th wedding anniversary we would go to Hawaii, it’s coming up next year. Can’t wait 🙂

25. Coco says:

All of those places look so …. warm …. and sunny! Lovely!

26. This post is so adorable! I love how much you and Preston travel!