Favorite Fitness Apps

Today I’m joining Erika from MCM Mama Runs, Patty from My No-Guilt Life, and April from Run the Great Wide Somewhere for the Tuesdays on the Run Linkup.  This week’s topic is Favorite Fitness Apps.

Tuesdays-on-the-run

There are several fitness apps that I use on a regular basis.  Some of my favorites include:

RunKeeper

runkeeper

I use RunKeeper to log all of my cardio activities.  Through their website I’m able to track various statistics, including my monthly totals and averages.  Prior to receiving my Garmin for Christmas, I used RunKeeper in GPS mode to track my runs, but since RunKeeper also allows for manual entry, I’m able to still maintain one central location for all of my training, which includes any cardio activities that I log at the gym.

Charity Miles

charity miles

I’ve been using Charity Miles for almost as long as I’ve been running (and back in December reached my 500 Charity Miles milestone).  This GPS enabled app allows me to earn money for a variety of charities while I’m out running or walking.

Road ID

road id

The Road ID app allows me to keep emergency contact information on the locked homescreen on my phone.  Regardless of where I am, as long as I have my phone with me, I have emergency contact information visibly displayed at all times on my phone.

FitSnap

fitsnap-ios-icon

I use FitSnap to display my running or walking stats on many of the workout pictures that I post on Instagram.  This app quickly computes my average pace based on the time and distance that I enter.  It also has many options as far as how to display the data and where on the photo to display it.

QOTD: What is your favorite fitness app?

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

47 Responses to Favorite Fitness Apps

I’m guilty of not using any running aps, but I think that has more to do with my age than laziness. Just last week, I had to take my Garmin to the running store and one of the guys helped me with some downloading and to sync it to my IPhone. I am just a bit technologically impaired! I really need to figure out Charity Miles though.

2. golddh says:

Thanks for these recs – had not seen FitSnap before but am excited to check it out.

3. I don’t really run with apps. I trust my Garmin completely. On the rare occasion I use map my run. I am going to check out the Road ID app though! And I so wish FitSnap had an Android version!

4. katemovingforward says:

I use an Interval Timer a lot for pacing my HIIT runs and runkeeper often. I need to download the Road ID one!

5. cassi9879b says:

I’ve always wondered what people were using to display their running/walking stats on IG. I use Nike+ and MapMyWalk when I go walking.

6. Heather says:

Great ones! I love the daily mile app!

7. Souzapalooza says:

I use nike+ for my run tracking and I have a Fitbit so I use their app as well

8. I love fitness apps such as Nike+ Run, Strava, BurnThis, Fitbit and MaapMyFitness just to name a few. LOL.

9. Elle says:

I have never used any! That FITSNAP is interesting. Always wonder what people are using to show off their times and distances on their IG posts/pics. I am always afraid these things are going to eat up too much data!

I’ve only used Runkeeper but I got tired of the constant talking, telling me about miles, time, average. I got a Garmin so I could also see what my distance is too since I’d have to twist my phone around on my arm to see what I’d done.

11. Fitsnap! definitely looking into that one! Thanks 🙂

12. I use RK too. I love it! I just wish it could track inside, on the treadmill.
    I recently switched to an Android, from an Iphone, and was so disappointed I couldn’t use Fitsnap anymore. I had used that all the time!

13. Zombies, Run! is probably one of the neatest running apps I have found! You listen to app and it tells you when you need to run faster otherwise the zombies will get you! You also get to listen to a story that switches between your music and the story. Such a fun app!

14. I have never heard of Fitsnap…I will have to check it out. I don’t really use any apps (I have a polar watch when I run) but the watch does sync with online tracking.

15. I have never heard of fitsnap. The road ID sounds great. I guess I should start running with my phone.

16. I like Road ID and FitSnap too! I wish FitSnap had more options for posting but it’s still my go to when I want to do a quick post of my run/bike!

17. NutriFitMama says:

My favorite fitness app is Nike+ Running app and FitSnap. LOVE them!

18. RFC says:

These are great! My smart phone is not so smart…so I don’t use any apps. Perhaps it’s tiem to update!

19. I was only excited to switch back to iphone bc I could finally download fitsnap lol. I used to love runkeeper but then once I got a GPS watch my runkeeper was always off by minimum 1/4 of a mile, which is a decent amount! Now I use it for casual, shorter runs.

20. I havent heard of fitsnap! I am totally going to download it now-great idea!

21. Tricia Johnson says:

My favorite app is Endomondo and Spotify!

Road ID! Totally forgot about that one!! YEs, I love that one and I love FitSnap too!

23. We have a lot of the same favorites! I’m so glad RunKeeper has the manual entry–it’s nice to save some data by not using the GPS feature all the time!

24. Jasmine says:

I don’t run distance, I generally sprint (beat my husband in a foot race last night!), but I do use fitness timer apps to do tabata work or to time myself. I love my gymboss for that stuff!

I had no idea there was a Road ID app – that is smart. I wish there was a Fitsnap for Androids.