February 2015 Monthly Goals

January has come and gone, and while I did make progress in reaching my goals, I’m quite happy to wash my hands with this past month.  Although two major events greatly impacted my life this past month, I’m ready to learn from those experiences and move forward in this brand new month.  While I certainly can’t forget about my severe migraines and headaches, or my car accident, I don’t want to let either of those define me this month.

After working 11.5 hours yesterday (it was the end of the semester which meant lots of grading coupled with professional development meetings), I’m finally starting to breathe a sigh of relief and feel like I’m starting to rise from the work stress that has been burying me for the past couple of weeks.  I’m hopeful that means that I can now devote more time to myself, to Preston, and to my training.

With all that happened over the past two weeks, I’m trying to not be overly critical of my January goals.  I know that I made really great progress during the first half of the month, and did the best that I could given the obstacles that I faced during the second half of the month.

jan 2015 goals

1.  Run, walk, and elliptical at least 70 miles.

Grade: A

After two months of not meeting my mileage goal, I’m ecstatic that I logged over 70 miles in January.  70.2 miles to be exact.

2.  Cross train at least once a week.

Grade: B

Each week I did some sort of cross training.  Whether it was taking time to practice yoga, spending time on the elliptical at the gym, or taking a walk with Riley, I did exercise beyond running and weight training last month.  I wish I could have spent more time doing cross training, but there’s always this month.

3.  Get enough sleep.

Grade: C

Some weeks I was much better about this than others.  While I didn’t get sick like I did when we returned from Disney World, getting enough sleep would have helped me in better managing my stress.

With everything that I faced during the past two weeks, I’m excited about working towards meeting this month’s goals.

feb 2015 goals

1.  Run, walk, and elliptical at least 75 miles.

February is three days shorter than January, but I’m still slightly upping my mileage goal for this month.  I haven’t logged any miles yet this month, but am looking forward to running a couple of miles on the treadmill tonight.

2.  Listen to my body.

As I continue to recover from the car accident, its going to be critical that I listen to my body.  If my body is yelling for extra rest, then I need to rest.  If my body is screaming for extra sleep, then I need to sleep.  If my body is saying “You can do this,” then I’ll push myself (within the limitations of what the doctor says of course).

3.  Cross train at least once a week.

In addition to my walks, I want to put a heavier focus this month on yoga and the elliptical.  Both of these activities will help me to become stronger, and yoga especially will help me with managing pain and stress.

QOTD: What are your goals for February?

This entry was posted in Motivation, Training and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

46 Responses to February 2015 Monthly Goals

1. Proud of you girl! Despite the things you faced this month you did GREAT with your goals!!!

Keep on healing! Car accidents are scary and I was on high alert after mine to see how my body would react. My goal this month is to continue building mileage, very slowly, and work towards a 5k.

3. Congrats on reaching your goalsetting in January! Good luck in February. My goal in February is to complete the glass slipper challenge injury free.

4. fitnessmomwinecountry says:

Hi Kathryn, new from Grow Your Blog and happy to meet you. If I had to grade my January it would be about at D. I started out great, then got sick. Our daughter caught some type of bug at school and this mom caught it…I am three weeks down and am finally getting ready to head back to Pure Barre classes and pick up my running. I am really behind and need this month to get it going.

Way to meet your mileage goal in January even with the difficult month you had! I’ve been struggling with getting enough sleep too. It’s a cycle since stress makes it difficult to sleep but not sleeping causes more stress 😦

6. My goals for February are to actually strength train!!

7. Don’t be too hard on yourself – you did great! Your february goals looks awesome, as well. My goals for February are to keep up with my Half Marathon training and go to CrossFit 3x a week. I also want to get started created an online personal training business. That one is a longer term goal, but baby steps will help me get there 🙂

8. You could certainly cut yourself a little slack after the few weeks that you’ve had. I need to get more sleep too!

9. My goal every month and every day is to Pace Myself with all I have going on. And sleep more. Definitely sleep more. Nothing seems unsurmountable when you ahve enough sleep. And enough coffee.

10. TeamFitMommy says:

You have some great goals! My goal this month is to stick with the yoga challenge and just move more in general.

You did great last month!! Im with you on the lack of sleep! 😀 Hope you have a great February! My goals for February are to finish my Princess Half costumes and enjoy my vacation! 🙂

12. Sounds like you got the year off to a great start! I’m hoping for about 75-80 miles this month too. And the sleep thing? That could be a goal of mine EVERY month! :–) Keep it up!

13. margodono says:

I wish I had your stamina! Its been hard for me to reach my goals.

14. I’m so sorry to hear about your car accident 😦 I pray that you will recover quickly! I know how frustrating and stressful dealing with that can be, but I think it’s great you’ve set a goal to listen to your body to help yourself recover.

My goal this month is to stay active but listening to my body as well! At 32 weeks pregnant, I get frustrated and upset that I can’t run like I used to, but I can at least get out and walk. I just need to do what I can to keep myself and the baby healthy!

15. jenzenator says:

Ohh I love this! I may have to steal it. What a great way to start each month. Congrats on your mileage and here’s to a great February!

Yay for meeting your mileage goal for January! I also look forward to some more sleep this month (last month I was staffed on two projects and shuffling btw offices).

17. fitmomma0722 says:

Love it!! I think I’m going to take a chapter from your book and shoot for strength training ONCE per week…I think my bar has been set too high…3x’s a week…I just don’t think it’s practical. Good luck on your February goals and awesome job knocking out 70.2 miles last week…and I totally feel you on that .2 ;-). My miles were up last month as well…50.3 😉

18. Great job! My monthly goals for February is to completely (or atleast make a dent) in unpacking (we recently moved). Also… to make running/training a priority. The weather is cold which leaves me unmotivated. 🙂

19. Awesome job this month! My goal for February is to get through surgery (nothing major) and actually listen to my doctor and let my body heal!

20. Erica G says:

Love your goals and with your cute images, I would post them on my fridge! My February goals are simple – survive!!! It is the busiest time of the year at work with MAJOR events and over 1000 emails. Still – I will run every day and hopefully get at 10+ mile run in.

21. I love your goals and you’ve done an awesome job of meeting them – measureable and attainable, congrats! i threw my back out so this month my goal is to just get better.

You are so good to make goals every month. I have a hard time doing that for some reason! Good luck with your February goals and cheers to a fresh month!

23. Pingback: March 2015 Monthly Goals | From Dancing to Running