Friday Five – Five Things I’m Thankful For

Many thanks to everybody for all of your words of support and encouragement after Wednesday’s car accident.  Being involved in a five car pile up and then spending the evening at urgent care is definitely not how I expected the rest of my Wednesday to go when I left work.  But you have to roll with the punches and handle what you’re faced with.

car accident

To everybody, please, pay attention when you’re driving.  One person’s lack of attention while driving has resulted in four other people and their families having to suffer.

Obviously, the accident will have an impact on my training.  How great of an impact is yet to be determined, but I’ll face each day as they come.  As more time has passed, my pain has increased, which the doctor expected would happen.  While I’m eager to get moving, I don’t want to aggravate my injury either.

Wednesday’s car accident is a reminder of just how precious life is.  You never know what will happen when.  And while most people often take time around Thanksgiving to reflect on what they’re most thankful for (you can see my 2013 Thanksgiving post here and my 2014 post here), Wednesday’s accident has left me reflecting on all of the wonderful people who are a part of my life, and the things that I’m fortunate to have.

1.  My loving husband.  He’s been taking great care of me and has taken on more household responsibilities so that I can rest.

Christmas Eve

2.  My family.  While our family isn’t close by, their love and constant checking in on me most certainly makes me feel loved.

088

3.  My friends.  Several friends offered have selflessly offered to provide whatever assistance Preston and I have needed.

4.  My coworkers.  Many of them have been very supportive and providing extra help to me at school.

5.  Cell phones.  While this might seem silly, without one I wouldn’t have been able to easily get ahold of Preston or my family at the time of the accident.  My cell phone has also made it easy to be in constant contact with family, friends, the insurance company, the list goes on.

QOTD: What are you most thankful for?

DC_linkup

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

37 Responses to Friday Five – Five Things I’m Thankful For

1. Oh my goodness! I’ve been a little MIA from twitter and missed this! I hope you are okay! Car accidents are so scary, Sending positive thoughts your way.
    Karen @karenlovestorun

2. Oh my Kathryn! I missed this somehow! I am sooo glad you are ok! And it sounds like you were injured a little…I hope you heal quickly girl! You’re in my prayers!

Yikes, I missed this too! I’m glad you have lots of support right now and I hope the healing goes smoothly.

4. Oh my gosh! I am so sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you feel better soon. I don’t know what we would do without cell phones. Can’t believe there was a time when ppl didn’t have them.

5. Holy crap, I somehow totally missed this! I am SO sorry to hear about the accident, and SO glad you’re okay! This is downright terrifying, and I can absolutely see how it would make you start thinking about stuff like this. Sending positive thoughts for your recovery! My sister was in an accident a few months ago and completely totaled her car thanks to someone else cutting her off at the last possible second and swerving just to catch an exit on the highway…she was okay (thank GOD) but all of those bumps and bruises and the whiplash, etc. can take a little time. Give your body the rest it needs. You’ll be in back in no time!

6. Olivia S says:

I’m sending positive thoughts for your recovery and that insurance deals workout smoothly. My best friend was in a similar accident last year, thankfully she and her friends were all okay.

Yikes! I’ve been offline since Tuesday evening and missed this. Sending pixie dust your way and hopefully you heal quickly. I always have my cell with me since i didn’t have it in my car accident when I was 18. I had to borrow someone else’s to call my dad.

8. charissarunning says:

Omg I’m so glad you’re ok! I must’ve missed your last post cuz I had no idea! I hope you feel better soon. I’m also really glad you are surrounded by love and support from so many people. It’s good to know you’ve got people you can count on.
    And it’s not silly to be thankful for cell phones. They help a lot in situations like these!!

9. i had no idea – so sorry to read this. super scary but glad you are okay for the most part. i’m glad you have a supportive family and coworkers and friends (even if the family isn’t super close by). rest up this weekend!

10. Ugh, this makes me sad for you. Hope you get to rest a lot this weekend and be good to yourself as you deal with the repercussions of Mr. Distracted. Glad your peeps are being good to you!

11. Kristen says:

Oh, Kathryn, that’s terrible. How are you doing? Let me know if you need anything!

12. so sorry to hear about your accident but very thankful you are okay. take it easy and let your body heal. It is so important to be alert while on the road and stay off phones while driving.

13. runsaltrun says:

Oh my goodness!!! I’m so sorry to hear about this accident and I hope whatever pain you are in goes away soon. Big hugs from Baltimore. ❤

Sorry to hear about the accident and glad you are okay. I hope you are relaxing this week and the recovery is going well.

OMG!!! I’m so glad you are ok!! So scary!! I hope you recover quickly!!

16. So sorry to read! I’m glad you are ok. I agree with cell phones, as much as I hate being tied to it, it really can be a lifesaver! Sending good healing thoughts your way.

17. How scary, Kathryn! So relieved to hear that you’re okay. Hope you feel fully recovered very soon.

18. Shayna says:

So I hadn’t had a chance to read a few of your posts, since I was #growyourblog hopping today! But I had a chance to come and read now! OMG! You were in a 5 car pile up too! I hadn’t realized that when I commented earlier! Thank goodness your doing ok, nothing major! Scary isn’t it? I still have a hard time driving on the freeway even after 6 months!

19. Pingback: 2015 Year in Review | From Dancing to Running