Many thanks to everybody for all of your words of support and encouragement after Wednesday’s car accident. Being involved in a five car pile up and then spending the evening at urgent care is definitely not how I expected the rest of my Wednesday to go when I left work. But you have to roll with the punches and handle what you’re faced with.
To everybody, please, pay attention when you’re driving. One person’s lack of attention while driving has resulted in four other people and their families having to suffer.
Obviously, the accident will have an impact on my training. How great of an impact is yet to be determined, but I’ll face each day as they come. As more time has passed, my pain has increased, which the doctor expected would happen. While I’m eager to get moving, I don’t want to aggravate my injury either.
Wednesday’s car accident is a reminder of just how precious life is. You never know what will happen when. And while most people often take time around Thanksgiving to reflect on what they’re most thankful for (you can see my 2013 Thanksgiving post here and my 2014 post here), Wednesday’s accident has left me reflecting on all of the wonderful people who are a part of my life, and the things that I’m fortunate to have.
1. My loving husband. He’s been taking great care of me and has taken on more household responsibilities so that I can rest.
2. My family. While our family isn’t close by, their love and constant checking in on me most certainly makes me feel loved.
3. My friends. Several friends offered have selflessly offered to provide whatever assistance Preston and I have needed.
4. My coworkers. Many of them have been very supportive and providing extra help to me at school.
5. Cell phones. While this might seem silly, without one I wouldn’t have been able to easily get ahold of Preston or my family at the time of the accident. My cell phone has also made it easy to be in constant contact with family, friends, the insurance company, the list goes on.
QOTD: What are you most thankful for?
As always, thank you to the DC Trifecta Bloggers (Courtney from Eat Pray Run DC, Mar from Mar on the Run, and Cynthia from You Signed Up For What?!) for hosting the weekly Friday Five Link Up. Be sure to check out their posts as well!