Shamrock Half Marathon Training Log – Week 9

How am I really already halfway through my Shamrock Half Marathon training?  It feels like I just started training for this race!  Its hard to believe how quickly time is flying by, and how soon my fourth half marathon will be here.

The other thing that’s hard to believe is how much faster I’m getting with my running.  I had some stellar runs this week!  On Thursday, I was only 17 seconds shy of completing a 5k run in under 30 minutes.  And on Saturday I averaged a sub 10:00 min/mile pace during my 4 mile run, and also ran my fastest mile to date!

week 9 milestones

I haven’t given much thought yet to what my goal finish time is for Shamrock, but I’m optimistic that if my runs continue to go as well as they have been lately and that I’ll be able to strive for a pretty lofty goal on race day.

Mon 1/12 – abs

Tues 1/13 – 3.10 mile run on the treadmill, 0.50 mile cool down walk, kettlebell squat swings, abs, shoulders, arms

Wed 1/14 – Rest day

Thurs 1/15 – 3.10 mile run on the treadmill, 0.36 mile cool down walk, legs, glutes, arms

Fri 1/16 – Rest day

Sat 1/17 – 4.02 mile run on the trail, 0.83 mile cool down walk

Sun 1/18 – 30 minutes of yoga

Total Weekly Mileage – 11.91 miles (7.73 miles less than week 8)

Total Shamrock Training Mileage – 108.79 miles

QOTD: What recent running milestones have you reached?

This entry was posted in Shamrock Half Marathon Training, Training and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Shamrock Half Marathon Training Log – Week 9

1. I’ve been do well at reaching my goals and actually got my half time down to where it use to be before my knee problems. As you know those problems have resurfaced so I guess I will be starting all over. I have no goal for Princess next month accept to just have fun!

Can’t wait to see what you come up with as your goal for Shamrock! It’s so amazing to see what our bodies can do with the proper training!

2. Girl you are doing so great with your training! i know there’s a huge PR about to happen!!!

3. Great job! I know you are working hard and you’re going to rock this race!
    Karen @karenlovestorun

4. kryscasey says:

Congrats on the acheivement of almost running a sub-30, you’ll reach that milestone in no time!

My recent running milestone was a new PR for my 10K time this past weekend! I took over 4 mins off my previous personal best 🙂

5. can’t say I’ve reached any huge milestones but I did do a treadmill run last week that i didn’t hit pause or slow down on. That was pretty huge as I’ve been building back up my running consistency. You are doing great! Can’t wait to see what Shamrock holds for you 🙂

Great job! I did over 2 miles of intervals, and that’s the first time I did over 2 miles without pain since I got hit with ITBS. It was great for my psyche and I felt good.

7. That’s awesome how much faster you’re getting! You’ve got that sub-30 5k 🙂

My recent running milestone was running 20 miles last week. That’s the most I’ve ever ran in a week!

8. Recent milestones I’ve reached… ha ha… 1km running pain free! Gotta start somewhere, right!

I am so happy for you that you are killing your runs!! Great job girl!

10. nevie b. says:

Kudos to you for dedicating 18 weeks to training for your target race! I can’t wait to see what you make your goal time– looks like youre gonna crush Shamrock!

11. Great job on your runs! I just completed Dopey and Rebel Challenge for a combined 67.9 miles in 11 days (more importantly I have 10 medals!).

This week will be very calm and recovery for me and then I will start adding speed work back into my routine. My other goal is to start adding more core work starting tomorrow. 4 weeks until PHM weekend

Another great week! Your training runs/posts have been so motivating and inspiring!

13. charissarunning says:

Awesome job! You’re killing it out there – your fastest mile was at the end of a 4 mile run?! That’s superb!!