Happy Friday everybody! Its been another crazy week, with yet another Snow Day. Since going back to work from Winter Break, we have yet to have a full week of school. With MLK Day on Monday and then midterms starting next Thursday, we now won’t have a regular, full week of school until the second week of February. (We have a couple of teacher workdays towards the end of the month.) While I love short weeks, they’re also exhausting!
Although it was a crazy week, it was also filled with lots of excitement! And I have lots to look forward to this weekend as well.
1. We’re only halfway through the month and I’m already more than halfway towards reaching my monthly mileage goal. My goal this month is to run, walk, and elliptical a total of 70 miles, and I’ve already logged 38.8 miles.
2. My hard work with my training is really starting to pay off. It feels like I was just recently celebrating running a sub-31 minute 5k, and now I’m getting closer to running a sub-30 minute 5k.
3. One of my best friends is in town this weekend visiting friends and family. We’ve been friends since eighth grade, and although we now live on opposite coasts, it feels like we haven’t been apart the few occasions each year that we get to see each other. I can’t wait to have dinner with him tonight!
4. This weekend is a cut back week with my long run. Although I was on a runner’s high after last week’s 8 mile run, I’m also looking forward to giving my body a short break and only running 4 miles this weekend.
5. I’m looking forward to enjoying another race weekend with Preston! When I registered for Shamrock back in October, Preston hadn’t decided whether or not he wanted to run this particular race. He’s been a bit burnt out with running and has cut back significantly on his running since the fall. Yesterday, he made the decision to run the Shamrock Half Marathon. I’m very much looking forward to sharing another race weekend experience with him.
QOTD: What exciting things are going on in your life right now?
As always, thank you to the DC Trifecta Bloggers (Courtney from Eat Pray Run DC, Mar from Mar on the Run, and Cynthia from You Signed Up For What?!) for hosting the weekly Friday Five Link Up. Be sure to check out their posts as well!