This week’s Friday Five theme with the DC Trifecta is Goals. Since I shared my big 2015 fitness goal, to run 15 races in 2015, yesterday, I thought I’d focus today’s post on my blogging goals for the new year.
My blog grew more than I ever imagined it would in 2014. From Dancing to Running grew from just under 6,000 page views in 2013 to around 37,500 page views in 2014. The number of blog posts that I wrote in 2014 more than doubled from the number that I wrote in 2013 (from 104 to 244 posts).
Its incredible to think about just how much growth my blog experienced, and that I also experienced as a blogger last year. Some of the highlights included:
Starting to blog five days a week
Hosting my first giveaways
Having my first blog post go viral
Becoming a FitFluential Ambassador
While I’m sure that additional growth in 2015 is inevitable, I do have a number of blogging goals for myself.
1. Be better after drafting posts ahead of time, especially utilizing time over the weekend.
2. Continue to use my Google Calendar to help keep myself organized. With the number of product reviews that I’m committing to on the rise, this will be extremely important in order to ensure that I meet writing deadlines.
3. Not to be too hard on myself if life gets in the way and I can’t write my planned post. I was better about this towards the end of 2014, but for much of the year I tended to feel really guilty if I couldn’t complete my post for the next day.
4. To remain true to myself. While its easy to get caught up in the excitement of the blogging world, its extremely important that I only write about topics and products that I truly care about or think could be beneficial to me. I did, after all, start this blog as a way to chronicle my personal running journey, not a journey that others expect that I’ll take.
5. To become self hosted. I know that in order to continue to grow my blog that I’ll eventually need to become self hosted. At this moment, I don’t have the time to devote to moving to a self hosted platform, but I want to make this a priority before the end of 2015.
QOTD: What are your blogging goals for 2015?
As always, thank you to the DC Trifecta Bloggers (Courtney from Eat Pray Run DC, Mar from Mar on the Run, and Cynthia from You Signed Up For What?!) for hosting the weekly Friday Five Link Up. Be sure to check out their posts as well!