15 in 2015…and Some Big News!

Happy 2015 everybody!  Today is a day that many traditionally set their resolutions for the new year.

I don’t like using the word “resolutions” though, as I don’t like to think that I am committing to accomplishing something for the first time.  I think the word “goals” is more appropriate, as I’m not starting over with my fitness adventure.  Instead, I’m setting bars for myself that I’d like to accomplish, or at least, make progress towards reaching.

brucelee

My big goal for 2014 was 14 in 2014, to cross the finish line of 14 races.  I actually surpassed that goal and completed 15 races.  So why not go after a similar goal in 2015: cross the finish line of 15 races this year.

I’m currently only registered for three races, but have a lot of other races that I’m considering.  Two weeks ago I received a surprise e-mail while we were at Disney World:

rock n blog e-mail

That’s right folks, I’ve been selected to be a Rock ‘n’ Blogger this year!  I’m ecstatic to be a part of this group, and am still pinching myself that I was selected to join this elite group of running bloggers.  There are several big name bloggers that are a part of this group, and I feel honored to be selected to join in on the Rock ‘n’ Roll fun with them this year.  I’m still debating which races I’d like to run as a Rock ‘n’ Blogger, but you can bet that a return trip to Virginia Beach is very high on my list.

The races on my tentative 2015 race calendar currently include:

March 1st – Reston Ten Miler
March 21st – TowneBank Shamrock 8k (Part 1 of the Dolphin Challenge)

March 22nd – Anthem Shamrock Half Marathon (Part 2 of the Dolphin Challenge)
April 12th – Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run
April 25th – Jaguar 5k
July 4th – Firecracker 5k

August 16th – Leesburg 20k
September 6th – Rock ‘n’ Roll Virginia Beach Half Marathon
September 12th – Arlington Police, Fire & Sheriff 9/11 Memorial 5k
October 11th – Army Ten Miler
November 7th – Wine and Dine Half Marathon
(I haven’t registered for the races in italics yet)

As always, my race calendar will be an evolving work in progress.  Nailing down which Rock ‘n’ Roll races I’ll be running will help dictate other race decisions.  I have a long list of other races that I’m considering, including a couple of other half marathons, but I’m hesitant to commit to more races than I’m currently registered for until a couple of other things on the calendar are more set in stone.  I also have a handful of possible running goals running through my head (I’m not ready to share them publicly just yet), and whether or not I commit to any of them will also dictate which races I wind up registering for.

The race I’m most looking forward to registering for is the Wine and Dine Half Marathon, but registration doesn’t open until March.  I’m very excited about the idea of running another runDisney race, as well as running a night race.  To be able to run another race at the same place where I ran my first half marathon excites me beyond words.

Preston and I after I completed my first half marathon

Preston and I after I completed my first half marathon

Here’s to a great 2015, full of lots of running, healthy living, and reaching lots of new milestones!

QOTD: What are your goals for 2015?

This entry was posted in Motivation, Races and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

54 Responses to 15 in 2015…and Some Big News!

1. Congrats on Rock n Blogger! That is really exciting. Happy New Year!

Congrats on a great 2014 and here’s to 2015! I also was part of the 14 in 2014, but not sure 15 will happen this year. With the big goal of Boston on the horizon and Princess Half in February, I probably won’t do as many small races. We will definitely see you in Virginia Beach as fellow Rock ‘n Bloggers! Deciding on 3 races is hard when you have other races on your calendar, but I have my eyes on #stripatnight as another possibility!

• Choosing 3 races is definitely hard! Vegas is on my bucket list, but since Preston and I really want to do Wine and Dine this year I don’t think Vegas will happen. Back to back trips and time off from work don’t work well with my school schedule.

3. Congrats on being selected as a Rock ‘n Blogger! You will LOVE Wine & Dine-hopefully it doesn’t rain next year like it did this year. The course is so much fun, and the fact that it’s a night race is really neat too.

I THINK I’m going to set the goal to run a marathon in 2015. I’m a little hesitant, though, since I’m pregnant and due at the end of March. That’d be right around when I’d need to start training..going to have to do some research to see if it’s something I should do or not.

4. Kathleen says:

Wine and Dine 🙂 This one is definitely on my list for someday!! It looks like so much fun and luckily you didn’t do it this year with the horrible weather and the medals that fell apart 😦

Cannot wait for Shamrock! I’ll be buying my plane ticket when I get back from Disney… so we’ll be in touch soon 🙂

5. Congrats!!!! That is so exciting! I’ve always wanted to do a Disney series, but just not in our budget! Good luck and happy New year!

6. I was a Rock ‘n’ Blogger this year and am excited to be one again in 2015! Congrats! And I’m attempting 15 in 2015 too!!! Happy New Year Kathryn!

7. CARLA says:

OHHH I REALLY LOVE THAT SENTIMENT.
    something to aim at.

8. RunStretchGo says:

Congrats!! The RnR races are always fun! I think Nashville is my favorite RnR race so far. But Philly and Chicago are always good ones.

9. Congrats! I put in a good word for RnR Vegas–and if you do Wine & Dine it’s usually the weekend after. Makes for a fun 7 days! Happy New Year!

10. Congrats on being part of the Rockin blogger team. We are also part of the RnR team again for 2015 and hope to see you at some of the races. We will be doing VA beach again for sure too!

11. Souzapalooza says:

Im hoping to do Wine and Dine this year to qualify for Coast to Coast! Im headed to Disneyland for Star Wars in a few short weeks. I have to say, as far as the RnR series, I ran Vegas in 2013 and it was great. They close down the strip and you run at night

12. MB says:

congrats on the Rock n’ Roll blogger! My daughter and I signed up for the half in Nashville and we can’t wait! Happy New Year!

Congrats on the ambassadorship! This year I will participate in 15 in 2015 again – see you at Shamrock, CB10, and most likely the Firecracker 5K (as long as I am in town). I wanted to run Leesburg 20K again, but will be on a family vacation…always 2016 <—weird saying that!

14. Congrats! That’s exciting! My main goal this year is a sub 2 hour half (2:05 currently).
    Happy New Year!

15. MCM Mama says:

Sounds like you have a great year ahead of you! Sadly I don’t think we have any of the same races on our race calendars.

Congrats on being a Rock n Roll blogger, that’s awesome! I’m planning on doing Wine and Dine this year as well 🙂 I’m even trying to talk my parents into coming down to do the 5k that weekend.

17. runsaltrun says:

Congratulations on Rock n Blog!!!! I am so excited for you, lady! So very well deserved. 🙂 That is quite an awesome race calendar you have set up for this year! I may have to make a trip down for Leesburg this year! (We need to hang out!) Happy New Year!

Yey! Congrats on Rock N Blog!! No RNR DC??? I’m hoping to do the VA Beach one as well! Looks like a great race schedule as well!! Happy New Year!

19. Pingback: Friday Five – January 2nd – Five Blogging Goals for 2015 | From Dancing to Running

20. Yayyyyy! Another Wine and Diner! Here’s hoping it doesn’t turn out to be another wet, messy, freeze-out like last year. I don’t think there will be any further apprearances of spatulas either, but then again, you never know with this crew! 🙂

21. Congrats on becoming a Rock n Roll Blogger! I have so many other races planned (mainly rundisney) that RnR won’t happen this year but im planning a big time in 2016.

I’m going back and forth on wine and dine for next year. It’s my favorite race that I have ever run and seriously my happy place but I also want to do a fall marathon so we will see!

22. Congrats, seems like you have a great year ahead of you!

23. Kelly says:

So cool! Congrats! I’m doing my first rnr race this April — the marathon in Raleigh (gulp) so I’ll be looking forward to seeing what race you choose

24. mlavens says:

Wine and Dine is my favorite runDisney race!

25. Pingback: Friday Five – February 20th – Five Races I’m Looking Forward to Running This Year | From Dancing to Running

26. Pingback: Friday Five – May 1st – Potpourri v. 1 | From Dancing to Running

27. Pingback: 15 in 2015 Update | From Dancing to Running

28. Pingback: July 2015 Monthly Goals | From Dancing to Running

29. Pingback: 15 in 2015 Update #2 | From Dancing to Running

30. Pingback: Thoughts on this Year’s Wine and Dine Half Marathon | From Dancing to Running

31. Pingback: Looking Ahead to 2016 | From Dancing to Running