Friday Five – November 21st

Is Thanksgiving really next week?  It feels like fall just started, but it also feels like we just skipped over fall, especially since we experienced winter like temperatures for part of the week.

It was so cold on Wednesday!

It was so cold on Wednesday!

This past week has been super busy, and with so much going on, I wanted to share a couple of highlights from this past week (and one thing I’m looking forward to).

1.  I’m officially back in half marathon training mode!

shamrock

On Monday, I kicked off my Shamrock Half Marathon training.  After a couple of weeks off from training, it feels good to be back in training again.

2.  I’m slowly working on rediscovering my love for yoga.

balanced you day 1

As part of my FitFluential Ambassadorship, I’m participating in the #BalancedYou campaign with Gaiam TV and My Yoga Online.  I’ll share more details about the campaign at a later date, but my participation in the campaign is giving me access to a variety of yoga videos, which is assisting me in rediscovering my love for yoga (which is also one of my goals for the month).

3.  I foresee lots of Snow Days in the near future.

Photo Credit: NBC Washington

Photo Credit: NBC Washington

Our local NBC station shared the predicted snow totals for this coming winter.  We used to live in the dark blue zone (18-25″), but now we live in the purple zone (25-50″).  Anybody who knows the DC area well knows that DC does not know how to handle snow, especially large amounts of it.  I’m definitely looking forward to having a handful of Snow Days this winter.

4.  Thanksgiving is next week!

Not only am I looking forward to seeing my parents and sisters next week, but I’m also looking forward to a couple of days off from work.  My body, mind, and soul needs a break from the alarm going off at 4:30 a.m.

5.  Preston and I started dating five years ago this past Wednesday.

Preston and I at the Lincoln Memorial on our first date on November 18, 2009

Preston and I at the Lincoln Memorial on our first date on November 18, 2009

Its hard to believe that its been five years since Preston and I went on our first date, which included walking the monuments at night in DC.  I’m so grateful that Preston suggested that we take a picture on our first date.  Its a picture that I know I’ll continue to cherish for years to come.

QOTD: What is one highlight from your week?

DC_linkup

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Friday Five – November 21st

Your monument photo is lovely. How nice that Preston thought to have a photo taken and on a first date. Guess he knew you were the one! Have a great weekend and stay warm!

So cold out! I always felt bad for the people who live in that purple zone – eeks! Did you see it is suppose to be 70 on Monday, so strange! Hmmm one highlight this week was probably a fun Japanese food date night on Wednesday. Have a great weekend!

3. jillconyers says:

We’ve already had one snow day and a 2-hour delay. That’s not a good sign!

4. It’s FREEZING! I wasn’t ready for the weather to be this cold this fast! Bundle up 🙂
    Karen @karenlovestorun

5. Aww that’s so sweet Preston wanted a picture on your first date!!! And wow at that predicted snowfall!! Have a great weekend Kathryn!

I find it amazing DC doesn’t know how to handle snow. Do you get snow every year? They should have a plan for it. Of course, there’s Dallas, and TXDOT has to call in snow plows from the panhandle if Dallas gets snow. I’m just used to New England handling snow I just laugh and laugh.

7. aw, i love that picture. so cute. have a great weekend. now that i work for myself and from home there really aren’t any snow days but i’m still looking forward to it 🙂

8. joannamurnan says:

A highlight from my week was my latest prenatal appointment – those are always fun! I bet the Shamrock race will be fun – you’ll have something exciting to train for all winter 🙂

Yikes, I hadn’t seen that snow map! I’m not looking forward to Winter. It feels like our last snow wasn’t that long ago 😦 As far as highlights for the week, I’m really looking forward to the Hunger Games movie tonight 🙂

10. Sarah says:

I love that you and Preston have a picture from your first date! Adorable! And I can’t wait to Shamrock with you in March 🙂

11. I can’t believe how cold it has been everywhere! It is way too early for snow to be here. Great pic of you two!

12. aw, so cute – love that photo of you two. What a great memory! This cold has been ridiculous but it’ll be in the 70s on Monday. Yay for Shamrock!