Our Race Medals on Display

Since we moved into our townhouse in July we’ve been slowly working on projects around the house.  We’ve known since we moved in that we wanted to showcase our race medals on one of the walls in our office.  I’ve slowly been ordering pieces for our display, and we finally had time Saturday morning to hang everything up.

medals display

Right now the wall is made up of three pieces.  The medal hanger on the left, which currently has all of our runDisney medals except for Preston’s first marathon medal, is from Gone for a Run.  Back in the spring, I won a gift certificate that Heather from Through Heather’s Looking Glass gaveaway on her blog, and I’d been holding onto it ever since.  In between Preston’s six Dopey Challenge medals and my medals from the Disney World 10k and Half Marathon are our Disney buttons from our races, which I hung from a piece of ribbon.  The top two buttons are from when Preston ran the Disney World Marathon in 2013 (which was his first marathon).  The next two buttons are in celebration of my first half marathon, and the bottom button is the “I’m Celebrating” button that Preston wore after the Dopey Challenge.

gone for a run

The medal hanger on the right is from Allied Medal Designs.  Last month I came across a discount code, and since Preston and I had been eyeing the “Every Mile is Magic” one for awhile, I knew it was finally time for us to order it.  Although they’re covered right now, we bought the display with three bars, so there’s plenty of room to add more medals from future races.

Prestons medals are on the left half, mine are on the right half

Preston’s medals are hanging on the left half, mine are on the right half

The photo in the middle is our favorite picture from this year’s Disney World Marathon Weekend.  Preston is showing off his Dopey Challenge medal and I’m wearing my medal from my first half marathon.  Back in August Groupon had a spectacular deal for Canvas on Demand.  I’m so glad that we took advantage of the deal, as the picture looks fantastic blown up.  I can’t wait to print and hang more pictures in the future.

with mickey

My next memorabilia project will be a race scrapbook.  Right now all of our bibs are in a binder, and I want to work on transferring them into a scrapbook with other race photos.  I foresee this being a great project to work on throughout the winter when its too cold and/or snowy to leave the house.

QOTD: How do you display your race medals and other race memorabilia?

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to Our Race Medals on Display

I love your medal display and picture (turned out great). I bought a coat hanger fashioned out of horseshoes for my medal, but have not hung it up yet. Definitely a project for this fall/winter.

2. Love your display, you have so many medals!!! Right now I have a medal hanger from Gone for a Run too and have a bulletin board next to it where I have been pinning my bibs. I need to find a better way to display the bibs though, they kind of look clustered!

3. Oh I LOVE your medal display Kathryn! The picture of you and Preston with Mickey completes it so well!!!

4. What a great display! I love seeing how others display their medals and yours looks awesome! Especially love the Mickey pic!

5. haleyduke17 says:

I hate to admit that I don’t display my medals anywhere. They’re all shoved into a couple shoe boxes. Eeek! Maybe I should make that a priority sometime soon. I really like your displays and hangers. You guys have lots of medals.

6. Love your display and race scrapbook idea! I really need a medal hanger, as all my race bling is just laid out in display on my desk at home. They need to be hung for sure!!!

7. Oh this looks fabulous! I have all my medals displayed in my dressing room, although my husband thinks I should move them to another part of the house so they can be seen,,,haha.

8. I love this display! I have a medal hanger that my best friend bought me that says “Celebrate Every Mile”

9. I love this! Way to go on earning all those medals!

How fun! I have a medal holder that my MRTT mamas gave me. I also have a bib holder to hold all of my race bibs! I must say, those Disney medals do look pretty 🙂

11. Patty says:

Such a beautiful display! I just started running and I got my first medal last month. It’s such an awesome feeling. I hope to build up the race memorabilia!

12. I really need to buy a medal hanger. I feel like I’ve actually lost some medals haha. I like the three bar hanger idea! I also want a way to display my race bibs in my stairway as you walk into my apartment. hmmm…

13. Love your set up! I’m sure it will continue to grow! It’s amazing how fast you can fill up a medal holder. Ha. 🙂

14. Love it! I want an Allied Medal holder–I keep “hinting” (well… telling..) my hubby that’s what I want for Christmas. I was thinking about a scrapbook for bibs, photos, race guides, etc. Right now they are just in plies in our office 😦

15. LOVE THIS! Your display looks a like like what we have hanging in our office! I’m totally going to steal your photo canvas idea, though, it looks awesome! 🙂

This looks great!! I love your idea of hanging the special pins on ribbons! The Allied Medal one is my favorite! 🙂

17. Debbie D. says:

I just ran DDD to get my C2C and I’d love to get that “Every Mile is Magic” display. (Sending you an email.)

18. Pingback: Friday Five – Favorite Races and Medals | From Dancing to Running