Friday Five – September 26th – What I Love About Fall

This week marked the official start of fall!  I’ll admit, fall is my least favorite season of the year.  However, that doesn’t mean that there aren’t a couple of things that I do love about this season.

1.  Its sweater and hoodie season

sweater

I absolutely love the comfort of throwing on a sweater or hoodie in the morning and feeling warm and snugly throughout the day.

2.  Some of my favorite Yankee Candle scents come from their fall collection

Over Labor Day weekend Yankee Candle had a huge sale during which I stocked up on fall scented candles.  I can’t wait to enjoy them in the months to come!

3.  Its the season of faster running

As the heat and humidity diminish, it’ll likely mean that my running will get a bit faster.

4.  Its boot season

Who doesn’t love throwing on skinny jeans and a pair of boots?

5.  Christmas is right around the corner

christmas at kohl's

Believe it or not, I’m already seeing Christmas stuff out at some stores.  This was the scene at Kohl’s two weeks ago.

QOTD: What is your favorite thing about fall?

DC_linkup

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to Friday Five – September 26th – What I Love About Fall

I do love thicker sweaters/cardigans thrown over leggings! I need to look for some new boots. I am hoping (if there is time) to get some hiking this fall and go for a nice drive in Virginia (Skyline, etc).

2. Coco says:

Wearing jeans + boots today! I might have to boycott that Kohls!

3. Oh fall is my favorite! I love the cooler air and all the decorations! The pumpkins, scarecrows, etc.! And Halloween is one of my favorite holidays!!!

4. Oh yes I love the smell of the candles around this time of year, pumpkin and apple pie. The trouble is everytime I burn those I feel like eating..haha.

5. FLRunnerBoy says:

What I like about fall … hoodies, sweatpants, faster paces, and if I were still in Maryland I’d say fall foliage without a doubt even snow. But Maryland native has traded Oak Trees for Palm Trees 🙂

6. haleyduke17 says:

I need a few new candles. I should probably check out Yankee candle to see if they have any more deals.

I definitely agree about the boots and sweaters! And I can’t believe Kohls has a full Christmas display up already! It’s not even close to Halloween.

8. Hoodies! They’re the absolute best. I love the trees changing colors too-gorgeous!

9. i have the most amazing boots that were a birthday present to myself 4 years ago – i need to get them reheeled so they are ready to go!

10. Sweaters and boots–yes! Fall clothes are the cutest.

11. Katrina says:

Too bad it doesn’t ever feel like fall in florida!

12. Debbie @ Deb Runs says:

It’s funny… During the summer, I’m like, “How can I possibly enjoy wearing hot, stifling sweaters,” but then as soon as the air turns crisp, I can’t wait to pull on on!

And thanks for the reminder! I haven’t pulled my fall scented candles out yet, and need to!

13. Fall is my favorite season, though it’s always one of the shortest. I love a good sweater or hoodie, some hot apple cider and tea, and running (of course)!

14. aw, I love fall! and that photo in Kohl’s is uber depressing :-/

15. Yeah for hoodies and boot season. For the moment it is still summer like weather here in Paris, but very soon that will change !

Wait, what?! You don’t like fall? I must know why, and what is your favorite season?

17. Pingback: October 2014 Monthly Goals | From Dancing to Running