I had originally planned to share my Dulles Day 10k on the Runway recap with all of you today. However, I don’t believe all of the race photos from that day have been uploaded to Potomac River Running’s website yet (at least I haven’t received the usual e-mail that they have), and since I’m anticipating some awesome pictures from the race I want to wait until I have access to all of them. As I’ve shared before, one of the many benefits of Potomac River Running races are the free race photos. Based on the ones that I have seen so far, it’ll be worth the wait for this race recap!
There are several fun events that I’m currently counting down to, including:
- Clarendon Day 10k in four days – Although I haven’t run since the Dulles Day 10k on Saturday, I’m hoping that I’ll be well enough by this coming weekend to run another 10k. After being sick for a week, I finally went to the doctor yesterday, and I’m hopeful that stronger medicine, including antibiotics, will finally be what I need to shake off what I’ve been battling.
- Ravens tailgate and paella in five days – You may recall from last football season that Preston and I attended a tailgate with family friends, at which a huge serving of paella was made. We are very much looking forward to catching up with friends and enjoying paella this weekend!
- Army Ten Miler in 19 days – Its hard to believe that in less than three short weeks I’ll be running my big fall race! I’m hopeful that this small training setback that I’ve faced for the past week won’t have a huge impact on running a strong race that day.
- Seeing my parents in 64 days – Preston and I will be celebrating Thanksgiving in Illinois with my family this year. Now that its officially fall, I cannot wait for the big fall holiday to be here!
- Disney World in 87 days! – That’s right folks, we’re headed to Disney World, and it isn’t for any races! We’ll be spending the days leading up to Christmas at Disney with my in-laws before we celebrate Christmas up in New Jersey with them. Our last two trips to Disney World have been for Marathon Weekend, and it’ll be nice to be able to enjoy the parks without 2:30 a.m. wake up calls.
QOTD: What are you currently counting down to?