I realized last night that its been almost a month since I last shared a recipe with all of you! My apologies for that, but I’ve also had a lot of running and race news to share with all of you. Preston and I have made these sweet potato fries a couple of times now. They’re absolutely delicious, and so easy to make!
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Peel the potatoes, and cut into 1/2 inch thick chunks/slices.
3. Toss the cut potatoes in a mixing bowl with the olive oil, chili powder, sea salt, and cinnamon. Spread onto a cookie sheet.
4. Drizzle the honey over potatoes.
5. Cook in oven for 15-20 minutes, flipping the potatoes halfway through cooking time.
We’ve enjoyed these sweet potatoes with chicken, pork, and steak, usually with a salad on the side. The meal combinations for these potatoes are endless. We’ve found them to be a perfect compliment to a spicier meat, as the sweetness of the potatoes nicely balances the savory spices that we like to top our meats with.
QOTD: What is your perfect sweet and spicy combination?