Friday Five – August 15th

Happy Friday everybody!  Is it just me or are the days and weeks flying by this summer?  It seems like the 2013-2014 school year just ended, and the new school year is just around the corner!

There’s been a lot of exciting things going on lately, some of which I’m shared on Instagram.  I was also looking back at my blog calendar and noticed that I haven’t done a random Friday Five post since mid June, so I thought it would be the perfect time to write one and share some of the excitement with all of you.

1.  Preston and I had a fabulous weekend in Charlottesville last weekend.  We went to several new to us wineries, as well as visited a couple of our favorites in the area.  We also went to Montpelier, the home of President James Madison.  It was a great way to celebrate our anniversary.

charlottesville

2.  Today marks my fourth day with Shakeology.  After much consideration and research, I’ve decided to give it a try.  I’m very interested to see how it affects my energy level, especially once the new school year starts.

shakeology

3.  On Wednesday I attended a day long DBQ (document based question) training for work.  I left the training with lots of resources to use with my AP students and have lots of ideas on how I can better use DBQs with my Honors students.  Attending the training has me very excited about starting to lesson plan for the upcoming school year.

4.  On Sunday I will be running the Leesburg 20k.  This is a new to me race distance, and I’m very excited to use this weekend’s race as a test run for my half marathon at the end of the month.

5.  Next month my dad will be here on a business trip, and in order to spend time with Preston and I he is extending his trip into the weekend.  We’ve started working on figuring out what the three of us want to do while he’s here.  I cannot wait to see him!

QOTD: What exciting things are going on in your life right now?

DC_linkup

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Friday Five – August 15th

1. Good luck with your race! and beautiful pictures by the way!

2. Lots of great news from your side.
    Since this week, my website is up and running and I really excited. It was a dream come true and it could not be live at a better time.

3. Momshomerun says:

My kids are complaining that Summer Vacation is indeed going by way too fast. For me time goes by normally.

4. Glad to hear your Charlottesville trip went well. Wineries are so much fun! Have a great time with your Dad next month.

5. d20girl says:

I just ordered PiYo and a month of Shakeology too. I’d debated it for an entire year but decided to just go ahead and give it a try. I’m looking forward to seeing how we both do with it!

6. I’m curious to find out what you think of Shakeology.

7. John @ run. geek. run(disney) says:

I’ve been to Montpelier before. Very beautiful.

I’ve been curious about Shakeology. One of those things that keeps popping up.

Best of luck on the 20K. You’ve got this! I was considering it but the date was too close to Timothy being born and I knew I wouldn’t be long race ready.

I keep hearing about shakeology but I’m not sure I understand what it is. I look forward to hearing more about it. And good luck on the 20k!

9. Fun stuff! Yes I can’t believe my summer break is over! We all start school on Monday! That picture of you and your Dad is precious! Have fun with him over the weekend!

10. haleyduke17 says:

Wineries are such a great way to celebrate an anniversary. I wish there were more near me.
    Good luck on the 20k this weekend!

11. lazgirlruns says:

It’s not just you…I totally feel that the year has flown by! Looking at the calendar and realizing I’m running 10 miles in 6 weeks is crazy! Good luck on your 20k!

12. glad you had fun in cville. i love going back there! see you sunday 🙂

13. Will be curious to hear what you think of Shakeology…definitely seems to be very popular. Good luck at the race this weekend. I may be running the VA Beach RNR course on Sunday. 🙂

14. runsaltrun says:

So many people doing Leesburg!! Good luck this weekend! You’re going to do great. New race distance = instant PR!! 🙂

15. I’m interested to see how you like Shakeology – I’ve noticed a lot of people talking about it, but a lot of them also sell it, so would like an unbiased opinion. Good luck with your race! That’s exciting that your dad is coming to town – have a great time!

16. Coco says:

The weather should be amazing for the Leesburg 20K! Who could have guessed it would be like this in mid-August!