Happy Friday everybody! Is it just me or are the days and weeks flying by this summer? It seems like the 2013-2014 school year just ended, and the new school year is just around the corner!
There’s been a lot of exciting things going on lately, some of which I’m shared on Instagram. I was also looking back at my blog calendar and noticed that I haven’t done a random Friday Five post since mid June, so I thought it would be the perfect time to write one and share some of the excitement with all of you.
1. Preston and I had a fabulous weekend in Charlottesville last weekend. We went to several new to us wineries, as well as visited a couple of our favorites in the area. We also went to Montpelier, the home of President James Madison. It was a great way to celebrate our anniversary.
2. Today marks my fourth day with Shakeology. After much consideration and research, I’ve decided to give it a try. I’m very interested to see how it affects my energy level, especially once the new school year starts.
3. On Wednesday I attended a day long DBQ (document based question) training for work. I left the training with lots of resources to use with my AP students and have lots of ideas on how I can better use DBQs with my Honors students. Attending the training has me very excited about starting to lesson plan for the upcoming school year.
4. On Sunday I will be running the Leesburg 20k. This is a new to me race distance, and I’m very excited to use this weekend’s race as a test run for my half marathon at the end of the month.
5. Next month my dad will be here on a business trip, and in order to spend time with Preston and I he is extending his trip into the weekend. We’ve started working on figuring out what the three of us want to do while he’s here. I cannot wait to see him!
QOTD: What exciting things are going on in your life right now?
As always, thank you to the DC Trifecta Bloggers (Courtney from Eat Pray Run DC, Mar from Mar on the Run, and Cynthia from You Signed Up For What?!) for hosting the weekly Friday Five Link Up. Be sure to check out their posts as well!