Friday Five – July 25th – Summer Goals Check In

This week’s Friday Five theme with the DC Trifecta is Goals, and I thought that this would be the perfect time to give a status report on the progress I’m making in meeting my summer fitness goals.  At the beginning of June I shared five things that I planned on doing this summer, many of which are training related.  At the end of June I shared an additional training goal for the summer.  So what progress have I made towards meeting my summer goals?

1.  Make running outside during the week a priority

new neighborhood

Since school ended a month ago, I’ve completed many more of my training runs outside.  While part of this was forced upon me since I went almost two weeks without going to the gym, I’ve thoroughly enjoyed getting to explore our new neighborhood by foot.

2.  Reaching my 1,000 mile milestone

973 miles

Since I started running last March, I’ve run, walked, and ellipticalled almost 973 miles.  I’m only 27 miles away from reaching my goal!  My guess is that I’ll reach this milestone sometime in early August.

3.  Completing my third half marathon

rnrvabeach

Training for Virginia Beach has been going extremely well.  Its hard to believe that in five short weeks I’ll be running my third half marathon!

4.  Closing on and moving into our first house

We're homeowners!

We’re homeowners!

Check!

5.  Celebrating my third wedding anniversary

our wedding

Photo Credit: Romine Weddings

Okay, so celebrating our anniversary isn’t a goal per se, but its still very important nonetheless.  Next Wednesday marks our third wedding anniversary.  I can’t wait to kick off our anniversary celebration this weekend at the Billy Joel concert at Nats Park Saturday evening.

QOTD: How are you progressing in working towards meeting your summer goals?

DC_linkup

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous, Training and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

44 Responses to Friday Five – July 25th – Summer Goals Check In

1. Happy anniversary! That concert sounds fabulous!

I will definitely see you at VA Beach next month. I’m not for sure which race i’ll be running, but i’ll be there! -M

2. Momshomerun says:

Running is such a great way to find your footing (pun intended) in a new place!

3. congrats on the house hope yall are enjoying it!

4. haleyduke17 says:

Congrats on the new house! I personally know how exciting that is!
    Nice work with 1,000 miles!

5. Great job working hard on those goals Kathryn! And happy third anniversary!!! Have fun this weekend!!!

That sounds like such a fun anniversary celebration! I hope you guys have a great time 🙂

7. runsaltrun says:

Happy anniversary! That is such a gorgeous wedding photo! It sounds like you are right on track for everything. I will live vicariously though you because I am not on track for any of mine haha.

8. the house looks great! i’m so excited for y’all 🙂

9. Love the house!! I’ll see you in VA Beach!! Marathon training is weird, that will be my 2nd half marathon inside of a month and not even my longest mileage, gulp.

10. It’s so fun to see everyone else’s goals! I’ve hard the R & R HM in Virginia Beach is awesome. Look forward to a recap! Congrats on the house & happy anniversary!

11. So close to 1,000 miles, how exciting! My summer goals are to finish half marathon #7 and #8: ZOOMA Chicago and RnR VB! Training isn’t going as well as I anticipated, BUT I’m going to adjust my race day goals from there. See you VB!

12. That’s a lot of miles!!! How awesome! Congrats on the soon to be accomplishment!

13. d20girl says:

Happy anniversary and congrats on the new house! I’ve never run a Rock N Roll race but I really want to. Best wishes as you hit your 1,000 mile mark!

So excited for you being close to 1000 miles! Great job!! All great goals!!

15. Once I started running outside, I had a hard time going back to the gym treadmill. I love the fresh air and light.

Good luck to you for those last 27 miles, and congrats as new home owners. That is so exciting !

16. 1,000 miles is impressive! That was my goal too until I was out 8 weeks with an injury. Well there’s always next year. Congrats on the new house and your anniversary. Hope you will come run with our group sometime this summer!

• I’m hoping to make it out to an MRTT run sometime next month before teachers go back to school. I’ll admit though, now that we’re further west on 66, the idea of driving on 66 during morning rush hour isn’t all that appealing.

17. Coco says:

Congratulations on your anniversary and your new home and almost hitting 1000 miles! What a great summer!

18. Love this post with your first house, anniversary, mileage goal, and half marathon chit chat!

19. You’re doing awesome with your goals! My goals for the remainder of the year are on hold. Hopefully temporarily!

Happy 3rd Anniversary! Way to go on all your running this summer! Look fwd to the 1,000th mile post, tweet or IG 🙂

21. You’re doing great with your goals – keep up the great work! Happy 3rd anniversary 🙂 You two are an adorable couple!

22. Stephanie says:

These are great goals! I should break up my goals like this just so I can see how I’m progressing. The only real goal I have is to run 1014 miles this year and, as of today, I’ve ran 689 miles.