Yesterday afternoon was bittersweet. Almost three weeks after closing on our house, and 10 days after moving in, we said farewell to our apartment. It was a bit emotional for me, as our apartment marked so much for us, including:
- Tomorrow would have marked our four year anniversary of moving into our apartment
- It was the first “home” that Preston and I shared together, which we moved into three weeks before he proposed to me
- Its where we brought our first “child” home to last February
- Its where I made the ultimate decision to start running two months after Preston ran his first marathon
- On days when leaving the apartment complex to run outside or get to the gym wasn’t ideal, I logged my training miles in the gym in the basement of our building
- Its where I started blogging
Of course, there are countless other memories that we made at our apartment. And while I know that there are greater things to come, it was still difficult to hand over our keys and walk out the front door of the building for the last time. After we left the apartment, we immediately drove to our old gym and were finally able to transfer our Gold’s Gym membership to a location much closer to our new house. Getting back into my regular gym routine will be the final step of getting back into my regular training routine. It feels like it was ages ago that I did any weight training!
Here’s to all of the great memories that we’ll make in our new home!
QOTD: What emotions did you experience the last time that you moved?