We’re Homeowners

After sitting through a 3.5 hour long closing yesterday afternoon, we’re officially homeowners!

homeowners

After closing we went to the house, but after walking through the house several times while we were house hunting and parking in visitor parking in the neighborhood in order to do so, it felt so weird to pull into the driveway, open the garage, and park inside.  I’m not sure it’ll sink in that we’re homeowners until we move in, which won’t be for another week and a half.  In the meantime, we’ll be spending quite a bit of time cleaning, painting, and prepping the house for our big move.

Since our plan is to spend the long holiday weekend working on the house, things will be quiet here on the blog for a couple of days.  I’ll post updates on Instagram and Twitter, so be sure to follow me on Social Media!

QOTD: For those of you who are homeowners, how long did it take to sink in that you were a homeowner?

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

39 Responses to We’re Homeowners

Congrats homeowner! Good luck with the rest of the packing/move.

2. jillconyers says:

Congratulations! Now to pack, move and the best part, decorate 🙂

3. Oh my gosh, how exciting! What a beautiful home! I can’t wait to see the inside. ❤

4. Congratulations! 🙂
    Karen @karenlovestorun

5. Congratulations! Welcome to the world of “NOW what has to be fixed?!?” Can’t wait to see the pics and make sure Riley has her own room! 🙂

6. Matt says:

Congratulations!!

7. Know remember, I homeowners work is never done. One you get the house all decorated and set up the way you want it, you will find something else you want to do or something that needs to be fixed or changed…..lol I hope Preston has a big toolbox!

8. That first word should be “Now”. Just a typo.

Congratulations and have fun! It’s so rewarding working on a house that you own and can dream of making a future in.

10. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Your new home looks beautiful! Can’t wait to see the inside! Have fun decorating!!!

11. cheriarmour says:

OMG congrats! What a huge deal! We are looking to become homeowners and I am so happy for you both!

12. runsaltrun says:

HUGE congrats!! What a beautiful house! I can’t wait to experience all of this for myself. It will probably take a very long time to sink in when it finally happens!

13. Kelly says:

Congrats! It’ll probably be surreal even after you move in. The first night will be awesome!

14. Denise says:

Congrats on your new home! Hope you have fun with the decorating and painting 🙂 We moved into our new house a little over 2 weeks ago. It feels like home now, even though we still have some unpacking to do. One good tip I tried was unpacking and setting up the kitchen first. It was kind of a pain but made it possible for us to have meals at home right away.

• Thanks for the tip. After four days of take out, we’re definitely ready to have a fully functioning kitchen again! We’ve been spending all of our time at the house, and haven’t started packing the kitchen in our apartment yet. Time to get on that!

15. Congrats!!! What a cute home, too 🙂 I love the windows! Best of luck with all the packing and moving

16. Momshomerun says:

Congrats on the new house! It looks great.

17. Pingback: Rock ‘n’ Roll Virginia Beach Half Marathon Training Log – Week 10 | From Dancing to Running

18. Ahh, sorry, I’m late to the party…but CONGRATS! Super excited for you guys, that’s great! 🙂

19. Pingback: Friday Five – July 11th – Five Things I Love About Moving | From Dancing to Running

20. Pingback: The End of an Era | From Dancing to Running

21. Pingback: August 2014 Monthly Goals | From Dancing to Running

22. Pingback: 2014 Year in Review | From Dancing to Running

23. Pingback: Friday Five – Happy 5th Anniversary to My Husband | From Dancing to Running