Happy Friday everybody! This week for the Friday Five, Mar from Mar on the Run, Cynthia from You Signed Up For What?!, and Courtney from Eat Pray Run DC have us revisiting a theme from a couple of months ago – five things about me. Be sure to check out my post from the end of February when this theme was first visited.
1. When asked where I’m from, I often find it a difficult question to give a simple answer to. I was born in DC, moved to Illinois when I was 11, came back to the DC area for college, and have stayed out here ever since.
2. I’m OCD with cleaning and organization. How OCD am I? My color coded moving spreadsheet of what’s packed in each box says it all.
3. I’m super picky, which is showing its full light as we’re shopping for various things for our new house. At the rate I’m going in making decisions about what to buy, it’ll be years before our new house is fully furnished and decorated.
4. I am VERY goal oriented. Was that not already obvious by the monthly goals that I set for myself?
5. I have always been a super busy person. I have a double bachelor’s degree in History and Secondary Education (yes, I was one of those crazy students who double majored in college – the School of Education actually required secondary education students to have a primary major outside of the school), and a master’s degree in Integration of Technology in Schools. During undergrad, I wrote an 80 page “senior” thesis (I wrote it junior year to avoid completing the research while student teaching) on the history of McDonald’s marketing to children. I taught full time during my two years of grad school, and planned our wedding as well during my first year of the program. All six years of college and grad school were completely exhausting, but so worth it!
QOTD: What is your favorite “about me” question?