Friday Five – June 6th – This Summer I Will…

Thanks to everybody who responded to yesterday’s blog post both here on the blog as well as on Twitter.  This internal struggle I’m having over whether or not to register for a fall half marathon has been going on for awhile now, but its clear that I’ve got a very supportive online running community, and I’m beyond thankful for all of your input.  I don’t know that I’m any closer to making a final decision about a fall half marathon, but hopefully I’ll be able to do so in the coming weeks.

Before I get to anything this fall though, I have another season to enjoy first: summer!  Summer is by far my most favorite of the four seasons.  And its not just because I have an extended time off from work.  I absolutely enjoy how summer affords more opportunities to be outside, particularly since the days are as long as they are.

I have a feeling that this summer is going to be an incredible one.  Not only will Preston and I reach some milestones, but this summer there’s also a number of things I’m looking forward to doing.  I can’t wait to reflect back at the end of the summer on all that I’m hoping to accomplish, including:

1.  Making running outside during the week a priority

outside

During the school year, its often difficult to routinely complete my weekday runs outside.  Many days, especially in the winter, it gets too dark before I get home from work to safely run outside.  And in the early fall and late spring its often too warm and humid when I get home from work to safely run outside.  With a more flexible schedule during the summer, it’ll be much easier to plan my runs around the daylight hours and weather conditions.

2.  Completing my third half marathon

rnrvabeach

I’ll close out summer by running my third half marathon at Rock ‘n’ Roll Virginia Beach over Labor Day weekendrun.  I cannot wait to cross the finish line with the ocean as my backdrop!

3.  Going to at least one baseball game

At a Phillies game a couple summers ago

At a Phillies game a couple summers ago

It wouldn’t be summer without going to at least one baseball game, particularly since baseball is pretty much the only sport I enjoy watching, whether in person or on television.

4.  Celebrating my third wedding anniversary

our wedding

On July 30th, Preston and I will celebrate our third wedding anniversary.  It feels like just yesterday that Preston and I were married!

5.  Closing on and moving into our first house

Things are (slowly) moving along with the house buying process.  Hopefully by mid-July we’ll have moved out of our apartment and into our townhouse.

QOTD: What are you looking forward to doing this summer?

DC_linkup

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

40 Responses to Friday Five – June 6th – This Summer I Will…

1. Hey chick! Those are great ways to do this summer. I especially love the goal to get to at least one baseball game. I am trying to get to a Phillies game soon too but for other reasons! I have never been to a major league baseball game… so it’s definitely time! This summer am looking forward to learning things about our new city and getting outside of my comfort zone.

2. Fingers crossed for you that everything works out with moving to a new house. I know that proccess can be overwhelming but exciting at the same time! 🙂
    Karen @karenlovestorun

3. Kristin says:

Great summer fun!! I love all of your summer excitement!!!
    My husband and I will be celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary August!! I have some running and swimming events, too + lots of coaching!! 🙂
    Have a great day!!!

4. All great things to look forward too. I’m exited for you guys to be in your knew house too!
    What a lovely wedding picture!

So excited for you about the house. Being homeowners is a really an adventure! I’m looking forward to a trip to Boston to celebrate my Mom’s birthday and to attend a Red Sox game to celebrate her special day!

6. Rebecca Jo says:

Exciting stuff! New home? That’s always so fun… & exhausting! 🙂 Good thing you’re training for that next HM 🙂

7. runsaltrun says:

Hooray for new homes!! It seems like there’s a lot of that going around this summer. 🙂 Congratulations and I hope the rest of the process is super smooth for you guys. That wedding picture is a really gorgeous one too! Happy early anniversary! 🙂

8. runsaltrun says:

PS. I LOVE BASEBALL!

9. runawaybridalplanner says:

Good luck with your next half marathon! Enjoy your new home:)

10. You have a lot going on this Summer. First congratulations on the 3-year anniversary. Not many people can say that unfortunately. Also – big deal with the new house closing! You will have fun decorating.

11. Happy anniversary! Running outdoors is great in the summer can get so crazy hot! Getting to your new home must be so exciting! Hope everything goes smoothly!

12. So many fun things this summer!!! 🙂

So many great plans! Good luck with the moving and closing on the house. It’s an exciting time.

14. Sounds like a fun summer planned! I’m looking forward to outdoor running as well (and have been enjoying it the past few weeks). Congrats on your third wedding anniversary and the purchase of your new home! I hope the moving/transition is smooth 🙂

15. HI happy anniversary! We just had our 19th scary huh. I’ve always wanted to go the VA beach RnR but it right before school starts so always a hectic time in our house.If you want to do DC USA in March let me know I’m the race ambassador w discount codes to share. Have a great summer can’t wait to read about Va Beach

• It is a hectic time of year, but we love getting away for one last long weekend before the school year craziness starts. September is always nuts at school.

I ran RnRUSA this year, and am debating it for next year. I really want to run Shamrock, which is the weekend after DC, and I’m not sure that two half marathons on back to back weekends is in my best interest.

16. fun plans! good luck with the house deal — i know it can be stressful! going to read your other post now!

17. Hope the move goes smoothly and that you have a great summer settling in! I feel so old when I read your blog – I’ve been married 19 years and we’ve lived in our house for 17 of those years. I can’t be old enough for that LOL.

What an exciting summer – so happy you found your house! Since my new project hours will have a “later start”… and by later… 8:30-9:00 haha… I hope to get some early morning runs as well! Need to beat the DC summer heat! Happy early Anniversary to you and Preston!

19. Excited for your next half marathon! I need to get to a baseball game too.

20. Pingback: Friday Five – July 25th – Summer Goals Check In | From Dancing to Running