Exciting News!

The past week has been a complete whirlwind.  As I shared on Monday, we put in an offer on a townhouse Saturday morning, and found out Monday afternoon that not only were the sellers not going to counter offer like we had been told on Sunday they’d planned to do, but they decided to pull their house off the market altogether.  Preston and I immediately felt defeated, and felt as though we were back at square one with our house hunt.  After spending the past month devoting much of our time to this house hunt, to say we were disappointed is an understatement.

Then yesterday through a series of e-mails back and forth with our realtor about how we wanted to proceed and where we wanted to look next, she shared that the listing agent of a house that we saw about two weeks ago had contacted her to inquire as to whether or not we were still interested in the house.  Long story short, we hadn’t been ready to commit to putting in an offer on this particular house.  The weekend we saw this house we had seen a different one that at the time we were more interested in but never wound up putting an offer in on.  We’ve been comparing many of the houses we’ve seen in the past two weeks to this one, and we started thinking that there has to be a reason why we keep coming back to this house.

So Tuesday night we decided to put in an offer on this house, and we found out yesterday afternoon that they accepted our offer!  After stressing about whether or not we’d find a new house and be able to close on it before our lease ends in July, its a bit surreal to know that things are (hopefully) starting to fall into place.

We’re trying to not get too attached to the house until after the home inspection, which is scheduled for Tuesday evening.  In the meantime, we’re excited about the fact that we’re (hopefully) one step closer to purchasing our first home!

Thank you for everybody’s virtual support!  I promise I’ll have pictures to share soon, but as of now the only pictures I have are the MLS ones, and for our privacy and protection I won’t be sharing that link here on the blog.

QOTD: Anything exciting going on in your life right now?

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous. Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Exciting News!

1. Congratulations! Fingers crossed that the inspection goes well and the closing goes smoothly.

I’m two races away from finishing my 13 half marathons in 79 days, my older son is almost done with his first year of middle school (straight As!), and we are going to Ireland this summer. Just need to make it through the last month of school…

2. irenejean says:

Congratulations! I hope the inspection goes smoothly!

3. Congrats, how exciting!! Hope everything continues to progress 🙂

4. Great news! So which house did you get? The one that you keep comparing every other house too?

5. Congrats on your house. That is very exciting!

6. Congratulations!!!! This is so exciting!!! Now the fun part…decorating!!! 🙂

7. Aw, that’s awesome! Congratulations! Fingers crossed everything works out! 😀

Congrats and good luck with the inspection! We had some issues come up in our inspection and luckily the owner agreed to fix them to our satisfaction because we would have walked away otherwise. Just be prepared for things to come up (I think something comes up in every inspection) but realize that they might not be significant or if they are, the owner may agree to fix the issues.

9. Farrah says:

Yay! That’s awesome! I hope the inspection goes well/smoothly!

I have a billion exams coming up, so life is full of fun at the moment. I can’t wait til they’re over!

10. Congrats! Though admittedly when I read the first paragraph I was confused as to what the exciting news would be 🙂

11. marywdw says:

Congrats! I will be graduating high school in just over a week so that is the most exciting part of my life right now.

12. Congratulations! I hope the rest of the process goes smoothly for you.

13. 262x2 says:

Congrats on your exciting news! My husband is a real estate agent, and we are all too familiar with the emotional roller coaster that comes with “house hunting.” We spent years searching for the perfect house (which most people don’t do, but we are unique lol), and put offers on a couple that fell through, but after remaining extremely patient found THE perfect house for us – not too far from our families, great neighborhood, the right amount of acreage, etc. I know you will get your perfect house, too! Everything happens for a reason – crossing my fingers for you! 🙂

14. Juliana says:

Congrats!! Everything always works out for the best! Crossing my fingers that the inspection goes well!

15. Pingback: Rock ‘n’ Roll Virginia Beach Half Marathon Training Log – Week 4 | From Dancing to Running

16. Pingback: 2014 Year in Review | From Dancing to Running