Friday Five – April 25th

Happy Friday everybody!  Its been an exciting week, filled with lots of gorgeous Spring sunshine, which always seems to make the week fly by faster but also feel more generally positive.  There’s so many exciting things to share with you from my sunshine filled week.

1.  I set my current 5k training PR on Monday.

5k pr

After feeling motivated by another incredible Boston Marathon on Monday, I went into Monday night’s run feeling extra inspired and motivated to push myself just as hard as I could.  Running my 5k as fast as I did felt absolutely incredible!

2.  I’ll be running my first “repeat” race tomorrow morning.

jaguar5k

Its been a year since I ran the Jaguar 5k, and tomorrow morning I’ll be attempting to set a new 5k PR.

3.  I received my first Oiselle order this week.

oiselle

After hearing so many great things about Oiselle, I ordered a flyte tank and pair of stride shorts to try out.  I wore the flyte tank during my Wednesday evening run, and it was one of the most comfortable running shirts I’ve ever worn!

4.  I can’t wait to visit with my friend Kathleen, who will be in town this weekend running the Nike Women’s Half Marathon.

10000079

Kathleen and I our Senior Year of High School

Kathleen and I went to high school together, and although we haven’t seen each other for a couple years now I can’t wait to catch up with her Saturday night over dinner!

5.  Preston and I have officially entered a new phase of life…we’ve started the home buying process.

This is an exciting and scary adventure all at the same time.  I’m sure I’ll have updates for you throughout this process, especially once we (hopefully) find out first home.

QOTD: What are you looking forward to about the upcoming weekend?

If you haven’t already, be sure to check out my latest giveaway for a custom designed tutu made by Lesley from Greater Fitness.

DC_linkup

This entry was posted in Milestones, Miscellaneous, Races and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Friday Five – April 25th

1. Such a cute outfit!! I need to get some new gear!!

Wow lots of exciting things are happening for you right now! Congrats on the practice PR this week. Good luck with house hunting, that can be quite an adventure!

3. amyc08 says:

Love Oiselle! Good luck in your race 😉 I’m doing a repeat race this weekend too!

4. Looks like a lot of good things going on! Good luck with your race!

5. Oh, buying a house is SO exciting ( and a bit stressful). I’ll be following along for sure. It’s like a real life version of “House Hunters”. Please take lots of pics and post the ones you look at. I want to live vicariously through you…lol. good luck this weekend! -M

6. Congrats on the PR! It feels so good doesn’t it?! I love connecting with other NOVA moms and runners. Perhaps we’ll “run” into each other soon. Good luck this weekend. We will be volunteering at a water stop at Nike with our MRTT group.

Happy Friday! Wow exciting times ahead!! Good luck with the house hunting – I hope you do some posts of tweets about the process; and rock the 5K!

8. deborahbrooks14 says:

Congrats on the PR! It feels so great when that happens huh?! Good luck this weekend. I love connecting with other DC moms and runners. Perhaps we will “run” into each other one day. We will be manning a water stop at Nike Sunday with my MRTT group. not sure if my first comment went through.

I’v ebeen looking at the Oiselle clothes too. I’m interested in hearing what you think about the shorts. And Mike and I bought a house a couple years ago. It was definitely a stressful process but well worth it in the end. Good luck! I’m looking forward to volunteering at the Nike race on Sunday.

10. How is that Oiselle shirt? Is it sweat wicking? Congrats on your 5K PR!! Very exciting.

11. Girl what a lot of exciting things happening in your life! Congrats on the PR! And buying your first home is sooo exciting! Have fun with your friend this weekend…and good luck at your race!

12. Kristin says:

Exciting, exciting news!!! YAAAY!!! XOXO! 😉

13. Yay, Happy Friday! Lots of good stuff this week, this is great! Good luck househunting! 🙂

14. Denise says:

Love your Oiselle outfit! Congrats on the PR and the house hunting too 🙂

15. jaymeball13 says:

That outfit is super cute! Really love the top!! I always feel like I need new stuff (but I totally don’t need spring summer and fall gear). I love the feeling of a PR, it’s the best. Congrats on your most recent one!! I can’t wait to hear about your first repeat race! I nominated you for a Liebster Award since I really enjoy reading your posts.

16. Oh, I’ve been hearing great things about Oiselle. I’m dying to try it but just dumped a bunch of money at Athleta. Next round 🙂 Congrats on the PR!

17. So many exciting things going on – good luck with the house hunting!