This past week my Twitter feed has been full of fellow runners sharing their anticipation about various races this weekend. Many people, myself included, will be running their first spring race this weekend. Its of course fitting that the DC Trifecta Bloggers (Courtney from Eat Pray Run DC, Mar from Mar on the Run, and Cynthia from You Signed Up For What?!) made this week’s Friday Five Link Up theme “Off to the Races.”
Yesterday I shared my goals for tomorrow’s Rock ‘n’ Roll USA Half Marathon. Yesterday after work Preston and I also went to the expo at the DC Armory to pick up our bibs. While there we spent some time walking the expo floor, but I’ll save my recap of the expo for another post.
This weekend, I’m looking forward to many things including:
1. Crossing the finish line of my second half marathon.
2. Cheering Preston on as he strives for a half marathon PR. His current PR is from the Charlottesville Fall Classic Half Marathon, which he ran back in October.
3. Wearing my new 13.1 Sweaty Bands headband, which was one of the few things that I purchased yesterday at the expo. Since I purchased a new Sweaty Bands headband for the Disney World Half Marathon, I’ve decided that for each major race I run I’d like to purchase a new headband to commemorate the race.
4. Enjoying DC from a different perspective. This will be my first major race that I complete on the streets of DC, and I can’t wait to see some of my favorite DC sights during the race.
5. Meeting fellow runners and bloggers. Preston and I are planning to meet up with fellow Team Red White & Blue members at the prerace meetup, and there are several bloggers and members of Team #runDisney who I’ll be on the lookout for. With over 25,000 people registered for this race, I know its unlikely that I’ll see everybody I’m on the lookout for, but despite how big Disney World Marathon weekend was I still managed to meet several people there.
QOTD: What are you most looking forward to about your next race?