Happy last day of February! Today marks my fourth week of participating in the DC Trifecta Bloggers’ Friday Five, as well as one full month of becoming a five day a week blogger. Its been much easier than I thought it would be to blog consistently five days a week, and I plan to share next week some of the tools and tips I’ve been utilizing in order to aide in more consistent blogging and interacting more with other bloggers.
This week’s theme is “About Me.” When I first learned about this week’s theme, the first thing that came to my mind was icebreakers, which is an activity I’m very accustomed with. Between being a Resident Assistant in college and now being a teacher, I’ve participated in my fair share of icebreakers. Frequently during ice breakers, you’re asked to come up with completely random facts about yourself. Despite the number of times I’ve been asked to do this, it never gets any easier.
When I first found out about this week’s Friday Five theme my initial thought was, “What the heck am I going to write about?” Its often difficult to come up with random facts that are not necessarily obvious, but are also interesting to the people you’re sharing them with.
Given that, I’ve tried my best to come up with interesting yet maybe unknown facts about myself for all you readers.
1. I started dancing when I was four, hence the name of this blog. 🙂 (Okay, maybe this one is a bit more obvious, or already known to those who have visited my About Me page, but its a critical fact about me and my fitness journey.)
2. My favorite color is blue. Was that not obvious given the color scheme of this blog?
3. I was born on Easter Sunday. Since I was born my birthday has been on the same day as Easter only once, in 1997. The next time that I’ll celebrate my birthday with the Easter bunny won’t be until 2059.
4. My husband and I are an online dating success story. We went on our first date 10 days after we were matched, and he proposed on our nine month anniversary. We’ve now been married for 2.5 years.
5. I have always been an avid photographer. Throughout college and my early adult years (before the days of smartphones), I pretty much always had my camera in my purse. My friends always counted on me being the one carrying a camera on them. When Preston learned this on our first date, he tested me by asking if I had one with me. When I pulled it out of my purse, we decided to have our picture taken. Who knew when that picture was taken that I was on my first date with my now husband!
QOTD: What is your favorite random “about me” question?