As part of my goal to become more routine in my blogging, I’m joining the “Friday Five” world today. Some of the blogs I frequently read participate in this linkup every week, and my goal is to participate when I have five highlights and/or favorites from my week to share.
So here are my Friday Five for the week:
1. Last Friday I completed my 51st mile for the month of January! Between tapering prior to the Disney World Half Marathon and taking a full week off from training after the half, I’m amazed that I logged as many miles as I did. With my mileage slowly increasing again each week as I prepare for the Rock ‘n’ Roll USA Half Marathon on March 15th, I’ve made it my goal to log 60 miles in February, and part of what will be holding me accountable is my participation in this month’s Team #runDisney challenge.
2. I’m currently loving the addition of avocado on my salads. During the past couple of weeks, avocado has been on a super sale at our local grocery store. I eat a salad almost every night with dinner, and sometimes two salads in a day if I also have one for lunch, so the addition of avocado has been a welcome addition to my usual salad blend.
3. Why was it only recently that I discovered PicMonkey? I’m loving this free to use website and the endless possibilities it affords in creating high quality photo collages. Prior to using PicMonkey, I avoided creating many collages for the blog because of the frustrations I’d face in making them in either Microsoft Word or Paint.
4. Another new site I recently started using is Bloglovin’. Prior to using this blog reader, I’ve been depending on social media referrals as my primary means of accessing my favorite blogs. With my reading list always growing, social media just wasn’t working anymore, and I’m loving the simplicity and ease of reading that Bloglovin’ is providing me with.
5. My current favorite quick snack is KIND Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate bars. Yum!
QOTD: What’s one of your recent discoveries that’s quickly becoming a favorite of yours?