Yesterday I ran for the first time since Disney World. This wasn’t my first post-half marathon workout (I spent 35 minutes on the elliptical this past Saturday after taking a full week off from working out), and since it was my first run I only planned on running for 20-30 minutes.
During my 2.25 mile run last night, a number of random thoughts crossed my mind:
- I still can’t believe I ran a half marathon a week and a half ago!
- Wow, this short run feels easy compared to 13.1 miles.
- Its so peaceful and calming to watch the snow fall as I run on the treadmill.
- I wish it weren’t snowing so that I could get to Gold’s Gym instead of being stuck on this crappy treadmill in our apartment complex’s gym.
- I hate being cold and the idea of running outside in winter seems like the worst idea ever. Is it spring yet?
- I can’t believe I’m starting this half marathon training thing all over again. How far should my first long run be this weekend?
- I’m hungry. Is it time for dinner yet?
QOTD: What random thoughts cross your mind during a run?