I’m A Half Marathoner!

After Saturday's Disney World Half Marathon

After Saturday’s Disney World Half Marathon

I did it!  On Saturday morning I completed the goal I’ve had my sights on since last March – I ran my first half marathon!  My time down here at Disney World has been an incredible experience, and I’m so glad that I chose to complete my first half here at Disney.  There is so much I want to share from my experience, which I’ll do in the days and weeks to come.

My prized 10k and half marathon medals that I earned this weekend

My prized 10k and half marathon medals that I earned this weekend

Preston completed the Dopey Challenge this weekend - 48.6 miles in 4 days!

Preston completed the Dopey Challenge this weekend – 48.6 miles in 4 days!

Preston and I will enjoy one last morning here at Disney World before we head home to Virginia later this afternoon.  We’re sad to leave (its been a wonderful week down here), but we’re also very excited to get home and see our dog.  I had to share this cute picture of him from his boarding facility.  Doesn’t he look like he’s ready for Mommy and Daddy to come home?

We'll be home soon, Riley!

We’ll be home soon, Riley!

QOTD: What goal do you currently have your sights set on accomplishing?

This entry was posted in Milestones, Races and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to I’m A Half Marathoner!

1. YAY for you (the both of you)! I will be completing my first half marathon at Disney as well. I’ll be there next month for the Glass Slipper Challenge!

Congratulations, it looks like you had a lot of fun! I’m working on completing my first half marathon this year too 🙂 I’m planning on a 10 miler in Disney World in October and then a local half marathon.

3. Irene says:

Congrats!!!

My first 2 half marathons were a disaster. I finished them but I had to walk most of the way. For some, that’s okay, but for me…I wasn’t too happy. I’m doing my first one since 2011 in March. Hopefully I can actually RUN this time.

Disney races seem like a blast. I’m doing the Disney Princess 5K in February. Cannot wait!!!

4. patrick voo says:

fantastic work kathryn – that’s a major accomplishment!

5. Karen says:

Congratulations! My first full marathon was at Disney last year and I can’t imagine having that experience anywhere else! My sights are set on the Disney again in 2015. Until then I have a 10k a few 5ks and maybe a half thrown in.

6. stephanie says:

Congratulations!! I always tell people they need to do a Disney race as their first because it’s so much fun. I have so many goals so I’ve tried to break my goals down by month. This month my goal is to finish fundraising $3000 for charity so I can run the Glass Slipper Challenge!

7. olivetorun says:

So exciting! Congratulations 🙂

8. kristenk says:

Congrats!!!! This is making me so excited for Disney Princess next month! I can’t wait to read all about your experience!

9. marathonsandthemunchies says:

Congrats!!!!!!

10. Jen :) says:

HOW EXCITING!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS to you too!!!!!!

11. Sabrina says:

Best place to run a big race for the first time, in my opinion. I was there Sunday cheering on all the marathoners, it was the best! My sights are now set on Tower of Terror 10 Miler in October. I ran it in 2012 but was swept at Mile 7. This will be my redemption.

12. Congratulations!!! There’s nothing like your first half marathon and for it to be in Disney is just icing on the cake!!!

13. olivetorun says:

AHHHHH!!! So exciting, congratulations 🙂 My half was definitely a race I will NEVER forget! ❤

14. Pingback: What’s Next? | From Dancing to Running

15. Oh my goodness – I saw y’all ALL OVER THE PLACE and just realized this is you! *Shakes head in disappointment* So happy you finished your first half marathon – amazing accomplishment!!! 😀

16. Pingback: Lessons Learned From Half Marathon Training | From Dancing to Running

17. marywdw says:

Congratulations! So glad you had a great time at Disney over the weekend!

18. Pingback: Random Thoughts from a Tuesday Night Run | From Dancing to Running

19. Pingback: Rock ‘n’ Roll USA Half Marathon Training Log – Week 1 | From Dancing to Running

20. Pingback: Random Thursday Thoughts | From Dancing to Running