Marathon weekend officially begins today with the Expo! After training and focusing on preparing for my first half marathon for so long, its a bit surreal to finally be here at Disney World and in the last stretch before Saturday’s half marathon. In the words of the Pointer Sisters, “I’m so excited and I just can’t hide it,” and that’s because of what I’m most looking forward to about our time here at Disney.
So here it is, the top ten reasons why I’m excited about Marathon weekend:
10. I’ve returned to the place where I was first inspired to run. It was last January that Preston ran his first marathon here at Disney World, and is was his completion of the marathon that inspired me to start running myself. Its beyond exciting to bring this journey full circle!
9. This morning I’ll get to experience my first runDisney expo. Last year I wasn’t running, and my only participation in Marathon weekend was as a member of ChEAR Squad. I can’t wait to walk around the booths at the expo and fully participate in the Marathon weekend experience.
8. Tonight we’ll be eating dinner at Be Our Guest. We tried to get a dinner reservation there last January, but when we couldn’t get in we opted to eat lunch there instead. Back in July I lucked out in getting us a dinner reservation at one of Disney’s newest and most popular restaurants.
7. I’m looking forward to meeting some of the many members of Team #runDisney that I’ve been fortunate to interact with on Twitter, Facebook, and in the blogging world as we all have prepared for our Marathon weekend adventure.
6. Its supposed to be 80 degrees in Orlando by Friday! Although many runners have been complaining about the potential for record high temperatures, I’m one who much prefers being hot instead of cold.
5. I can’t wait to wear my Minnie Mouse tutu on Friday during the inaugural Disney World 10K.
4. My parents arrive in Orlando on Friday. I can’t wait to share in this magical experience with them and greatly appreciate having them here as a part of my ChEAR squad!
3. Starting on Friday after the 10K I get to partake in the runDisney tradition of wearing my medals around the parks.
2. I’m so proud of Preston as he gets ready to embark on the amazing adventure known as the Dopey Challenge. I can’t wait to be his cheerleader throughout the weekend!
1. I get to share this experience with my amazing husband. I can’t wait to cross the finish line of my first half marathon with him on Saturday!
QOTD: What are you most looking forward to during Marathon weekend?