Wow, its been quite awhile since I last blogged, hasn’t it? There has just been so much going on lately that its been near impossible to find time to sit down and write. What’s been keeping me so busy and what’s been going on?
1. I’ve been battling a chest cold since shortly after arriving home from the Chicago Marathon. Yes, that was 5 weeks ago! Being sick hasn’t interfered too much with my daily routine, minus the few occasions that the chest congestion has resulted in me losing my voice. The one afternoon that I lost my voice in the middle of class was really fun….not!
2. Being sick has meant that I haven’t run once since Chicago. Not once. I have been doing some exercise, mainly in the form of cross training and strength training, but I know that my lungs have been too filled and too heavy to be able to effectively run. I feel like I’m finally on the mend, so hopefully a run will be in my near future. Fingers crossed!
3. Because I haven’t been able to run, I’m nowhere close to halfway with my November mileage goal, despite the fact that its now the halfway point in the month. Because I’m so far behind with my monthly goal, and consequently my yearly mileage goal, I’m starting to doubt whether I will be able to reach 1,200 miles this year. I suppose anything can happen, but I’m also trying to be realistic. That doesn’t mean that I’m giving up on my goal, but I’m also just trying to be honest with myself.
4. Yesterday, on November 15th, I had my first snow day of the season. We saw nearly every type of precipitation possible yesterday, starting with snow, then sleet, and lastly freezing rain.
5. In addition to being sick, one of the other reasons why I’ve struggled to find the time to sit down and write has been because my side business, Kathryn’s Clearance Closet, has been keeping me super busy. I participated in my first big consignment sale last Saturday, and my online presence has been growing much faster than I could have anticipated. Its been a good busy, its also kept me away from my blog.
QOTD: What’s been going on in your world lately? Have you seen any snow yet this season?
I’m linking up with Fairytales and Fitness for the Friday Link Up. Thanks Lacey and Meranda for hosting the link up!