Tomorrow Preston and I are leaving on a jet plane for one of our favorite places – Florida! This trip will be unlike any of our previous trips to Florida, as we’re combining a lot of our favorite activities into one trip, instead of just going to Disney World or just going to the beach. In the coming week, I’m looking forward to:
1. Exploring a new to both of us beach. We’ll be spending the first three nights of our trip in Cocoa Beach, and I cannot wait to put my feet in the sand, lounge around the pool, and enjoy some great seafood.
2. Spending my birthday at the beach. My birthday is on Monday, and when I first discovered that my birthday fell over Spring Break this year, I told Preston that I wanted to spend my birthday at the beach. If I could, I would live at the beach, and I’m beyond excited to be able to spend my birthday in an environment that makes me so happy.
3. Eating at five brand new to me Disney restaurants, three of which are also new to Preston. We have a habit of making reservations at Disney restaurants that we’ve eaten at before and really like, but we decided to push ourselves outside of our comfort zone for this trip. We only have one reservation at a restaurant that I’ve eaten at before, and that’s because Be Our Guest only recently started accepting reservations for lunch. When I found out about the change last month, I immediately jumped on the computer and made a lunch reservation for one of the days that we’ll be at Magic Kingdom.
4. Going to a Phillies Spring Training game. For me, spring and summer aren’t complete without baseball, and I cannot wait to spend an afternoon in Clearwater cheering the Phillies on!
5. Spending a week away with my husband. Although we’ve done several weekends away by ourselves, Preston and I haven’t taken a week long vacation just the two of us since summer 2012 that didn’t involve a race. I can’t wait to spend some much needed R&R time with my husband.
With us headed to Florida, I’m not sure that I’ll blogging everyday while we’re away. I know many of you are anxiously awaiting my Shamrock 8k and Shamrock Half Marathon recaps, and while I plan to work on writing those on the plane tomorrow morning, I also want to do the recaps justice and don’t want to just throw them together. I hope you all understand, and I promise, those recaps will be coming soon!
QOTD: When you travel do you try out new restaurants or stick to what you’re familiar with?
As always, thank you to the DC Trifecta Bloggers (Courtney from Eat Pray Run DC, Mar from Mar on the Run, and Cynthia from You Signed Up For What?!) for hosting the weekly Friday Five Link Up. Be sure to check out their posts as well!